Transfer from Mac to PC?

I need to transfer 2010 TT file from a Mac to a PC running Windows 7. Will this work? If so, how do I transfer the file? Thanks!
    The following is from the help article at:

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Transfer-from-last-year/Transfer-last-year-s-return-to-TurboTax-CD-Download-software-for-Windows/GEN12460.html

You can transfer last year's tax return prepared with TurboTax CD/Download software for Mac to your 2011 TurboTax for Windows return.

From your Mac, copy last year's TurboTax file to a flash drive,  so you can open it on your Windows computer. Find your Mac tax file
        On your Windows computer, copy the tax file from the flash drive to your Desktop.
        Rename the tax file by right-clicking it, choosing Rename, and adding a .tax2010 file name extension to it.
        Open TurboTax for Windows and select Start a New Return.
        TurboTax will search for 2010 tax return files on your computer, but it probably won't find the Mac file. To find it yourself:
            Click Find a Tax File and look on your Desktop.
            Once located, select the file and click Open.
        Wait for TurboTax to finish transferring the information over.

WARNING:  
    The actual article mentions even emailing the file to yourself to transfer to another computer.  DO NOT do that!  Email is not secure and the tax file is sensitive and could be intercepted.  If it's not password-protected, anyone who received it could run it with all your personal data..  Do not email!
    • Thank you, Turbo Tax Community!    I will certainly give this a try.
    • Did this work, I am about to try the same thing but worried about buying the PC version. My Mac was very good but ready for pasture and was used for the past 6 years for taxes.
      i need to transfer  my 2010  tax return to my iPad