My W2 does not have a state employer id number. What should i do?

Ignore it, everyone else does. If TT wants a number use the federal number. Most states use it anyways
    • Not necessarily, my MI state will not accept a this years W-2 without the MI EID although it has accepted it in the past> So far I have found it difficult to get an acceptable response from the company responsible for the W-2. I might have to submit it on paper.
    • My W-2 says "APPLIED FOR" in that section, and anyway, I don't see a federal number either!
    • Did you ever figure it out?? Im having the same issue this year