form m-4868....

why am i being asked to print and mail form m-4868 for a 6 month extension after i e-filed and i did not put in for an extension on my return. Should i ignore it.

Answer

1 person found this helpful

EYEzone, in the upper right corner of the program select the Tools button, and from the drop down list click on Topics & Forms. Now in the search box type Form 4868, and from the search results select "form 4868 extension payments" and click Go.

This will take you into this screen http://screencast.com/t/I6Pwyu1XO9y (click on link to view screenshot), make sure you select the 2nd option "I haven't mailed my federal extension yet".

This will bring up two more buttons, select the bottom button, "I changed my mind and don't need an extension", now press continue.

This will delete your Form 4868.

I hope this solves your question, have a nice day.
Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original
TurboTax Product Support
1 additional answer

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community