How Often Does IRS Update WMR(Where Is My Refund) On It's Website?

• It used to be Wednesdays, but it may have changed. Seems something new every year. If it is still only Wednesdays that they update their site the new deposit date may make it where you don't see your refund date or processing (if done after update) until you've gotten your refund.
  • Everynight.
  • The website and WMR phone hotline both state that the site is updated "daily"  Usually overnight.  But, there have been more glitches and inconstantcies with the site then they had planned for.  I currently have a refund deposit date of Feb 5.  That would be now.  But the site, as of 1:30 am (central time) Still says "Your refund amount is scheduled to be deposited on Feb. 5th"  So, I am guessing that the site has not gone through it's daily update or it is running a day behind.
  • Turbo tax is not alway on the spot .my saids the 20th of fed. wmr saids nothing except its been accepted
forget irs and their WMR...Turbo Tax's dates have always been spot on.
  • Mine updated today to show deposit by January 31st.
  • bekcy2 that just means your return is in the processing stage. It will update again when the deposit is actually scheduled with the exact deposit date (not an estimate). It used to be the WMR updated with scheduled deposit dates the Wednesday right before the Friday it was to be deposited. Since the new deposit date is Wednesday who knows if it'll update prior to that or if it's going to update when the money is already deposited...
  • RachealF79- should I be concerned that absolutly nothing shows up on the WMR site..it says either I entered in wrong info or try back later basically. I was accepted on the 13th... yes the 13th, they said it was part of their beta testing, just worried as others who were just accepted yesteray are already showing atleast its being processed
  • I was accepted on 1/17/12  at 4pm but WMR(IRS) as of today(1/18/12) does not have any information
  • reg1972 I wouldn't be.

If you check too many times it'll block you out to "no info" even if there is info. So try checking as little as possible. If it's too late for that and you filed a joint return then you'd still be able to use the other persons SS# to check (but you can also lose the ability there if you check too many times).

Too often the WMR updates later than things are done, so even if it's not showing there yet it doesn't mean the IRS is not processing it already. The main things I watch for are the acceptance notice and the "scheduled" WMR update, which may not happen this year. The update people see now are just processing updates and some random expect by date (that will change).
  • Thanks RachaelF92, I was just already sort of skeptical when I saw I was accepted on the 13th and was told it was do to their testing, so  I guess I should be happy it was accepted so early, but as one of the "tests" it makes me a little worried, then when others atleast show something on the wmr who just got accepted yesterday its just a little alarming. It was like uh oh did the ones in the beta testing really get through to the IRS? Mine is an easy return but it does include EIC so maybe it takes longer for that, I will just watch and keep fingers crossed. Do you know how many times you can look before they block you out of wmr? I checked three different times. Thanks
  • I was also accepted on the 13th and WMR updated with my info earlier today so that wouldn't be an issue. Also get the EIC so again not an issue. If you've checked 3 times already I wouldn't check again until this evening. Not sure the exact # of times you can before you get locked out, but it's not very many. Their site isn't hard set so don't think just because it hasn't updated that it's not being processed. Some post say the IRS was down for whatever reasons today so it could be they got to update some, but couldn't complete the update to WMR.
  • Ok thanks again...I will keep my hopes up..it has to be somewhere..even if there was aproblem with it they would have to let me know..ugh the waiting gameits so stressful.. :(
  • you're welcome. I could say don't stress over it, but I know how that goes and it's pointless to say it. Good luck
  • Ok so, i was accepted on the 18th at 1pm....irs WMR had "should receive refund BY Jan 31st...."   now, i look.....it has NOTHING!  AGAIN!!!  it did this yesterday too.  I put my info in this morning, it was BY Jan 31st  now nothing
  • @rachaelf79---thank you!!! i guess i checked too many times with my social security number, and it was saying no info. i just checked with my husbands and it is still saying january 31st!! great advice!!
  • @lauradavis329 if u receive your refund let us know plz Im kinda curious as to how fast people are receiving their refunds
The website and WMR phone hotline both state that the site is updated "daily"  Usually overnight.  

But, there have been more glitches and inconstantcies with the site then they had planned for.  

I currently have a refund deposit date of Feb 5.  That would be now.  But the site, as of 1:30 am (central time) Still says "Your refund amount is scheduled to be deposited on Feb. 5th"  So, I am guessing that the site has not gone through it's daily update or it is running a day behind.