what is the deductible portion of vehicle registration fees?

I live in Nebraska.
- You can deduct only taxes that are based on the value of the vehicle, and imposed each year. The TurboTax Interview tells you which fees you can deduct in your state.

- You must itemize your deductions on Schedule A in order to take the vehicle registration fee deduction.

Limitations of this deduction

You cannot deduct the following charges that might appear on your vehicle registration or license bill:

- Taxes or fees based on the weight, model, year, or horsepower of the vehicle

- Other fees not based on the value of the vehicle, such as custom license plate fees
  • How is it possible to tease out the value of the vehicle (which is deductible) from the make, model and year?  If I pay in the neighborhood of $200 to register my vehicle, what is the portion that I can deduct?
  • I too live in Nebraska and wonder about this question every year.... maybe we need a real world example and I'll offer my car and info as such:

I have a 2000 Saturn SL1 my registration is in December so in 2011 I paid the following:
    MTR VEH TAX         9.80
    MTR VEH FEE        5.00
    CO/RR/DMV/EMS  5.50
    REG FEE               15.00
    PLATE FEE             6.60
    WHEEL TAX         50.00

Can anyone confirm definitively what is able to be deducted from these charges?