Why can't I log on? Keep getting stuck at "searching for a secure connection".

• rrraydon1, try closing all other programs on your computer and then log in again.
  • I am having the same problem. I tried closing everything but that did not work.
  • I'm wondering if it has anything to do with compatability of my vista..
Okay, I fixed it..after 3 days!!..and here's how:  turbo tax does not support beta browsers...my browser (search engine) is windows 9 beta. I downloaded google chrome and during the download it asked if I wanted to make it my default browser..i said yes..now i can get on as long as I use google chrome as the browser.
  • Glad you got it working rrraydon, my next suggestion was going to be another browser. On that note, Dream747, try using another browser.
rraydon1,

Great job figuring out your answer!  

Next time click Submit an answer so those with the same program can see it has been answered and find it.

For those looking for the answer:

rraydon1 was using a beta browser, which was not working with TurboTax.  He downloaded a supported browser and TurboTax Online worked.

To view system requirements click TurboTax Online at  http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/TurboTax/TurboTax-2010-System-Requirements/GEN12939.html?_requestid=95745
  • I have IE 8.0 on Vista and I can't log on or connect to Chat either. I've disabled pop-ups, allowed ports in firewall, don'e everything. The error I get is:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; NET_mmhpset)
    Timestamp: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 13:20:10 UTC

Message: 'null' is null or not an object
    Line: 123
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: https://turbotaxweb.turbotaxonline.intuit.com/scripts/sessionlessDOM.js
  • I'm using Windows IE 8.0: After spending an hour on the phone with Tech support, uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flash, disabling everything I possibly could and it still not working - I finally noticed a "broken window" icon on the address bar, right after the lock icon at the end of the URL address. This is the "Compatiabilty View" option. Clicking this icon fixed the problem instantly.
  • Thanks for all the great answers!  There has been an article written about this issue now.  Here is the link.  http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/go/SLN12399