my taxes under review

i was going to get my refund  tomorrow but now it says this...

We have recieved you return and it is under review, you will recieve a letter requesting additional information. Please respond within 30 days of letter. This may cause you not to recieve part or all of your refund until we recieve the additional info. If you have questions ;please call number on the letter you recieve

i called irs and told me i owe money...ok take it out of my refund..why r they going to send me a letter and have to respond in 30 days?????? when i called they never said anything about a letter..all they said is i owe irs money... but when i check   wheres my refund  now it says  it cant find my info???
  • Hi Shark, I too had that problem.. I owed money from last yr, & too got that status. I too called in, but they said that it takes 3 weeks after they accept it for it to be direct deposited. So mine was accepted on the 17th so the 7th is when its supposed to be deposited, and if not supposed to call back. So yours should be deposited within 3 weeks after it was accepted.. I dont know if it will hit any sooner, I wish it would!!
  • I think the " wheres my refund " is nothing more than a bunch of crapola. I am supposed to get my E-filed, direct deposit today.  When I went online and did the "wheres my refund" it said I had to wait 3 wks for an answer, I called the # and it said the samething. How can I receive my refund BEFORE they have any idea  where my refund is ?....LOL Its all BS,  just a poor attempt of side tracking folks. Or worse, confusing people about something as important as much needed funds.
  • Have you gotten any response on when your getting your taxes?? I have that same problem, at first they said the 7th definitely. then today they say they can't pull up the information because its still processing... And now the wmr website is saying they can't find any information, the lady earlier said there website will update this weekend, so maybe its being updated and ill receive my direct deposit date. honestly this is all bs. if you owe take the money out and send the rest for what you deserve, honestly, its not rocket science, and doesn't take a long time to take there money and give us ours! Its just crazzzy. let me know if you have found anything else out... thanks
  • no not yet.. i checked this morning  on wmr and it had the same  message  still... looked  about hr  AGO now it says cant find my info...i know i owe money bec i called them but they didn't say anything about the letter...did u ask about the letter...
  • jessica.. did u call the irs and ask about the letter...???
  • I DID MY TAX RETURN ON JANUARY 23,2011, IT SAYS REVIEWED! AND I EDIT OT ON JANUARY 28. WHEN WILL BE THE EXACT DAY I RECEIVE MY REFUND??
  • They didn't say anything about a letter. Then I called yesterday and they said that they couldn't pull up the information, saying there system was updating this weekend to call back monday. my wmr yesterday wouldn't let me in and it kept telling me it was the wrong information. Now its saying the same thing again. I wrote a question the other day, and a nother person said they owed taxes, they took them out and they deposited their money yesterday. I dk why they aren't doing this for us.... When you called what did they tell you on when you would get your money???
  • they said 3 to 6 weeks but last year i owed money and just took extra week so im hoping thats it and we dont need to wait for a letter from them..do u owe money
  • u should call them and ask about the letter??? i just don't understand  why we have to wait for  a letter to come in the mail
  • i was supposed to get my refund yesterday and never got it.  The site has and still does say by Feb 1 but i called teh IRS yesterday and seh said its still processing and that they only do deposits on fridays so i wont have it by the 1st.  the only thing she could tell me was if i dont have it by the 7th to call.  wth??
  • i called friday to c why funds didnt post and they lady told me that wmr is based on a prefect world data base. basically saying its just tellin u anything. if it dont say dat u r scheduled to recieve your refund on dat friday yu not gettin it. my state also say dat it is being reviewed too. Sad part of the story is dat da lady didnt tell me dat i had a letter coming da day my refund was suppose to post.
  • I don't know about the letters, but i do have an idea from personal experience on missing returns. E-filer refunds are deposited on Fridays. Most banks don't post them to your account till Monday or Tuesday. Credit Unions usualy post on the Friday they recieve it.  And as for customer rep. you spoke with claiming your inof was missing........... Well' I think all customer reps. go through a 3 week communications class where they are taught how to avoid giving us direct answers and avoid our questions.
  • IF THE IRS IS TELLING YOU THAT YOUR TAXES IS UNDER REVIEW IT COULD BE ONE OR TWO THINGS IS THAT YOUR BEING AUDIT OR YOU OWE MONEY THE REASON I SAY THIS IS BECAUSE MY FRIEND NEVER GOT HER TAXES LAST YEAR AND THEN THEY SENT HER A LETTER REQUESTING ALL TYPE OF DOCUMENTS TO SEND LIKE BIRTH CERTIFICATES OF DEPENDENTS AND SCHOOL RECORDS AND SS CARDS AND ALL TYPES OF DOCUMENTS BECAUSE SHE WAS BEING AUDITED..
  • A friend told that it would be rough this year and it's is on the IRS side. Because the country is so bad of shape  economy wise and they will try to get out of paying if they can. That they are checking everyone taxes more closely. They took theirs to a tax pro and that's what she told them. The new laws are causing lots to be concerned.
  • the irs site freezes with the 3 week saying ,i waited over a day and it went from three weeks back to feb1 st
ok so you guys do know, these questions are getting annoying but ill post way this is happening

If your return includes one of the delayed forms your return will show pending until the IRS starts accepting those returns on Feb. 14th.

The forms affected are:
•Schedule A (Form 1040), Itemized Deductions
•Form 8917, Tuition and Fees Deduction
•Educator Expense Deduction claimed on Form 1040, Line 23, & Form 1040A, Line 16
•Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts
•Form 8859, District of Columbia First-Time Homebuyer Credit
•Form 3800, General Business Credit
•Form 5405, First-Time Homebuyer Credit & Repayment of the Credit
•Form 6478, Alcohol and Cellulosic Biofuel Fuels Credit
•Form 8834, Qualified Plug-In Electric and Electric Vehicle Credit
•Form 8910, Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit
•Form 8936, Qualified Plug-In Electric DriveMotor Vehicle Credit

If your return does not include any of the above forms you can contact the IRS at (800) 829-1040

There was a delay in accepting the new tax laws for 2010 it wasnt accpected until late december and they are pushing all of those forms included to be able to update there systems and get everything ready for it. You guys might want to research yourquestions a little bit better before you post getting all scared about your money.
  • firebirdboy1988 This thread has nothing to do with the feb delay re read it.Her or his taxes are under review. They are taking her or his taxes.
  • ours said the exact same thing..waiting to get some letter from the IRS...before this was posted, it said our refund should be deposited by 3/8/11.
  • "ok so you guys do know, these questions are getting annoying but ill post way this is happening

The forms affected are:
    •Form 8917, Tuition and Fees Deduction
    •Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts
    •Form 3800, General Business Credit

There was a delay in accepting the new tax laws for 2010 it wasnt accpected until late december and they are pushing all of those forms included to be able to update there systems and get everything ready for it. You guys might want to research yourquestions a little bit better before you post getting all scared about your money."

Sorry couldn't quote...I dont have any of these. I have a standard 1040 EZ and that's it. I did qualify for the $250 tax credit. I called the IRS today for the 4th time since June 9th and each time they tell me there is a hold on my return. I called the Tax Advocate Office today 1-877-777-4778 and they now say that my refund is under review as of today. they say I have to wait 45 days from today to call the IRS back. WTF!@#

I didn't have to file in 2008/2009. i don't get this.