Do I need to paper submit form 568 to CA for my SMLLC and pay auunal tax by form 3522?

I am a SMLLC Member and filing taxes using TT Home and Business.
Does TT files form 568 electronically and pay $800 to CA Franchise tax board or
  • I have the same question!
    I think if I can't get an answer soon, I may just mail the hard copy of the 568 along with the payment for 2012 with its form 3522. I will add a sticky not on the 568 that it was efiled with TT Home and Business.
  • I am hoping someone will answer this question from TT. If TT Home and Business is not e-filing LLC form, I do not see a value in using Home and Business.
  • Well the only value is that TT does fill it out all for you. We can just print it out and go. It just would be nice not to have to paper submit if I don't have to. I just want to know if it does electronically submit. I have search everywhere on the internet to get that answered. I could give them a call as time is running short and I need to file my federal and state soon. I think TT should specifiy what forms are electronically submitted for their users.
  • For tax year 2011, TurboTax Business software supports e-filing for the following states and business entities:
    California (Corporation, S Corporation, Partnership, and LLC)

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/File-Electronically--current-year-/Which-state-returns-can-I-e-file-in-TurboTax-Business-/GEN80710.html  

Availability Dates for 2011 State Tax Forms (Business Tax Returns)
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/State-Form-Availability/Availability-Dates-for-2011-State-Tax-Forms--Business-Returns-/GEN12925.html
    If you click on the California LLC it does say the efiling is available.

I think I just may give TT a call via the phone just to confirm since this is the first time with TT using this form.
  • I know this is a late answer, but it might help someone in the future. The following language from the "Single Member LLC filing" section within TT seems fairly clear on this point:

"When done, print form 568 for filing. It will be filed separately from your personal tax return".

You need to print and mail it in.

I noticed a bug in the printing; TT printed two copies of 568, one blank and the other filled out. But the pages were mixed up; side 3 that was filled out came out of my printer after blank sides 1 and 2, for example. So you need to carefully go through all pages of the printout to be sure you're sending the correctly filled out pages.
Intuit really drops the ball on this. It's not clear what you're supposed to do with 568, and if you don't print it or save it (which is buggy anyway), then you will not be able to access the form again after you file. This area of TurboTax is a disaster zone. I'd go as far as saying it's handling of single-member CA LLCs is just broken.
  • I agree. Online version is just awful. Can't find my form 568 either now that my state return is filed.
If you e-file your CA personal return (540), the single member LLC form 568 does not get transmitted with it. You will need to print Form 568 and the payment voucher.