How to report a grantor tax information letter including interest, income, st cap gain, and deductions

How do I show the combination - interest goes under income, st gains under deductions?  what spots do I go to for these entries?
    If the K-1 is from an Estate or Trust you can Select Wages and Income, Busines Income and Expenses, Schedules K-1, Q. Then you will be able to select Estate or trust (Form 1041).
    • Unfortunately, when I used the answer and looked under K-1 forms the software help specifically excludes Grantor's trusts from that form.

      Anyone else have a clue - all of this trouble for entering a lousy $20 or so.

      Note - also do not have any dates or costs here for the Short term cap gains.   This is out of my brother's estate - and any supporting info on old life insurance is long gone.   Source of this is a resolution of assets for Fidelity Mutual Life Insurance Co.

      Thanks, Dan
    I put my glasses back on....Usually these items are just entered on the tax return of the grantor. You can enter the information directly into the section for that item for your return. Select wages and Income, Interest and dividends. Interest on a 1099-INt for the interest. For the capital gains Select  Investment income.  Select  Stocks, Mutual funds, Bonds, other.
    • This leads to a more basic question - who is the grantor, my deceased brother or the insurance company?  

      Also - for the short term cap loss, how do I force Turbotax to print forms even if I do not have any sale/buy dates for the basis?
    Your brother is the grantor. Here is some more tax info regarding the "Income taxable to person other than Grantor". A person other than the grantor of a trust, including a beneficiary, may be taxed on the trust's income if that person has a power, exercisable alone, to vest corpus or income in himself or herself.
    As for the short -term or long -term nature of the gain you can use the word various and use the 1/1/10 date if you know it is short term as long as you indicate that it is short term. Hope that helps or solves it for you.
    • I see how to enter interest and cap. gain, but how to enter deductions. This is also from Fidelity Mutual Life and they would not answer it.   It is addressed to my deceased spouse.
    Contribute an answer

    People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

    1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
    2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
    3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
    4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
    5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.