How to report a grantor tax information letter including interest, income, st cap gain, and deductions

How do I show the combination - interest goes under income, st gains under deductions?  what spots do I go to for these entries?
    If the K-1 is from an Estate or Trust you can Select Wages and Income, Busines Income and Expenses, Schedules K-1, Q. Then you will be able to select Estate or trust (Form 1041).
    • Unfortunately, when I used the answer and looked under K-1 forms the software help specifically excludes Grantor's trusts from that form.

Anyone else have a clue - all of this trouble for entering a lousy $20 or so.

Note - also do not have any dates or costs here for the Short term cap gains.   This is out of my brother's estate - and any supporting info on old life insurance is long gone.   Source of this is a resolution of assets for Fidelity Mutual Life Insurance Co.

Thanks, Dan
    I put my glasses back on....Usually these items are just entered on the tax return of the grantor. You can enter the information directly into the section for that item for your return. Select wages and Income, Interest and dividends. Interest on a 1099-INt for the interest. For the capital gains Select  Investment income.  Select  Stocks, Mutual funds, Bonds, other.
    • This leads to a more basic question - who is the grantor, my deceased brother or the insurance company?  

Also - for the short term cap loss, how do I force Turbotax to print forms even if I do not have any sale/buy dates for the basis?
    Your brother is the grantor. Here is some more tax info regarding the "Income taxable to person other than Grantor". A person other than the grantor of a trust, including a beneficiary, may be taxed on the trust's income if that person has a power, exercisable alone, to vest corpus or income in himself or herself.
    As for the short -term or long -term nature of the gain you can use the word various and use the 1/1/10 date if you know it is short term as long as you indicate that it is short term. Hope that helps or solves it for you.
    • I see how to enter interest and cap. gain, but how to enter deductions. This is also from Fidelity Mutual Life and they would not answer it.   It is addressed to my deceased spouse.