irs.gov - Where's My Refund?

When checking the status of my refund on IRS.gov, should I use the date I submitted my taxes through TT (1/11/12) or the date the IRS started accepting our taxes (1/17/12)?
I did not say I doubted you, I had forgotten about the screen they show when your information is not available yet.  Then you would enter the date your return was accepted.
  • WMR will ask for the date you filed as well as how you filed (i.e. mail or electronic), only if the IRS system hasn't updated, which is why they tell you to allow at least 72 hours before you check WMR... You may have recieved an accepted e-mail from TT, but give WMR a day or so to update. Mine finally did and it's showing a DD date of by Jan. 31, 2012.
  • Got it, thanks all.
  • To MomKnowsBest, my WMR is stating "We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by January 31, 2012" However from IRSC Schedule/Cycle DDs are sent 01/25, 02/01 and so on. I did not think IRS changed their schedule to send out refunds or DD refunds. Did yours say DD?
I can email you the print screen if you like. It asks for the date I filed my taxes and there's a drop down to select how I filed, paper or efile.
  • That means that they have not updated your file in their systems I would wait until tomorrow and check again.  They say you should wait 72 hours from the time you return is accepted.