1099-Misc Americorps award?

How would I classify my $1000 award from my 1099-Misc?  I received it from Americorps as payment (made directly to my school) for work I did with JumpStart.  

This is the question I'm stuck on!

How would you describe the reason you got this Form 1099-MISC?

I am self-employed; this is income for my business.

This is income for my farm.

This is money from occasional freelance, consulting or work I did as an independent contractor.

This is money from a side job I did. Explain This

This was commissions, bonuses, prizes, awards, etc. and This Payer was not my employer.

None of the above - show me more options.

Any help is much appreciated!

-Gina

Answer

2 people found this helpful

You do indeed get taxed on it as other income.  Fair market value is the amount shown in Box 3 of the 1099-Misc
Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
TurboTax Lead
2 additional answers

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community