how will i know that my return has been accepted?

Hi I was just wondering how and when I will be notified about my 2011 return has gone through, and is it the same when my refund gets directly deposited? Thank you!
    You should recieve a email from turbo tax or you can check your efile status by going on the turbo tax website.
    • i checked mine and it says pending still
    You would receive a email stating whether your return was accepted or rejected, you can also check the status of your efiled return.

To check your e-file status:

- Print & File tab
    - Click Check E-File Status
    - It should say either Pending, Accepted, or Rejected

Or, you can check your efile status at the following website and print it out:
    https://turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

Once your return is accepted, you can check the status of your Federal refund at the IRS website “Where’s My Refund” (it can take about 72 hours from the time your return is accepted to see any information):
    https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp

If you have a State refund see the following click on the blue Track Your State Refund link
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Tax-Refund/When-will-I-get-my-tax-refund-/GEN12488.html

You will not receive a notice when your refund is deposited into your account, you would have to check your bank on the date that was given you from the IRS website (and/or State) .
    • i think i gave the wrong email
    • There is a problem with the emails being sent on acceptance.  You should get an acceptance well before you see the direct deposit.  I got one of the acceptance emails last year, but this year using same email...it never arrived.
    • I won't have a refund, but owe money. I keyed in my bank account and the amount to withdraw. I have no friggin idea whether just that information, or also my return, were sent to the IRS by TurboTax because if you dont chose to efile because you are afraid you will have to pay a lump sum, then Turbo Tax does not tell you

whether their site sent the bank withdraqwals info to the irs

or whether they alsdo sent your return.

They just drop yo0u flat down and you can't talk to them because they dropped the live chat for this or any other questions about Turbo Tax.
    • i submittted my federal return on 4/23/2012 its been 7 days and its still saying pending but my state was accepted what am i to do?....is this normal?