where is the federal personal information worksheet?

I continue to enter my husbands SSN but it continues to tell me to "check this entry". I have checked it 10 times.
  • I keep having the SAME problem!  If you found the answer please please post it!!!
If the SSN is entered on the State Information Worksheet:

I would suggest that the information be deleted from the State Information Worksheet, and entered as follows:

- Click the Wrap Up tab and review the error messages
- When the State Information Worksheet error message appears, delete the data (since it will be entered on the federal Personal Information Worksheet, it then will appear on the state Information Worksheet)
- Click the Tools button
- Select Topic List
- Under "3. Federal Taxes, select Error Check (you may need to expand the topic by clicking the "+")
- When any errors for information (name, social security number, etc) appear, enter the information
- Click the State Taxes tab, and continue through a few state screens (this should trigger the information to flow to the state return)
- Click the Wrap Up tab and review the error messages, make any needed fixes

Thanks.
  • I am having the same problems with New York and New Jersey ...and your solution doesn't fix anything.  There are no errors with my federal forms.  New York and New Jersey say that I shouldnt enter my spouse's SSN and name on the state sheets.  When I remove them, it tells me they are missing.
  • I am having the EXACT same problem. It is aggravating.
  • This is an obvious issue and I am disappointed that an answer has not been addressed by a Turbo Tax Rep. I am in Wisconsin and I have no federal errors - state does require spouse information. When I enter the required fields, another error appears stating that the information should not be entered. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  • I am having the same issue and am unable to file Delaware state return.  Has anyone found the solution to this? Has TT responded?  Please share....
  • I am filing a WI return as well with the same error. Did you ever get any assistance?
  • I am also having the same issue. We all need an answer
  • I went back and said I was filing single went and it took all my husbands info out. Then went through like I was in fact single and looped back and changed my status to married and reentered his info. and finally it worked!