Paid Family Leave Question

I am a WI State resident and I was on FMLA for 2 months last year.  I used "sick" time that I had accumulated during this time.  Should I check the box "I earned all or part of my income as paid family leave"?
  • I am a California resident and I was off on medical leave from 10/8/10 through 12/31/10, I used sick leave I accumulated as well as some advanced sick leave hours given to me from my employer.  Do I report all this income as wages or can I deduct the hours of sick leave?
  • I was on leave of absence..submitted to my employer as leave of absence but was paid because of my disabiliy coverage..should I check the box for "I earned all or part of my income as paid family leave"?
  • Did you receive an answer to this question yet?  I am wondering the same thing?
  • and the answer is?
  • me too
  • I'm a CA State resident.  Same situation as above, but to clarify (in my case) I used sick time AND Paid Family Leave (60% sick time, 40% PFL).  I'm not sure if that was assumed in the original poster's question above.  Still waiting on an answer like everyone else here.
  • I was on FMLA for maternity leave (5 weeks) and had used sick/vacation time that I had accumulated through the company I work for. Do I need to record that on my tax return?
  • I'm a WI resident also and was on maternity leave. The company I worked for paid for 4 weeks while I used PTO for the remaining.  Is this considered paid family leave?
It appears that for the state of WI it would depend on your employers policy.  See the following article clip:

Use of Paid Time Off
Although FMLA leave is unpaid, you are entitled to use your accrued paid leave during FMLA leave in certain circumstances. You can always use accrued paid leave that is characterized as vacation or personal leave. And, in certain circumstances, you may substitute accrued sick or family leave for FMLA leave. You can use this type of accrued leave only if the reasons for the leave are covered by your employer's leave policy or state law. For example, you cannot use paid sick leave during FMLA leave to care for an ill family member unless your employer's policy or state law allows employees to take sick leave to care for others who are ill.

In addition, your employer can require you to use accrued vacation days during FMLA leave and accrued sick days if the reasons for the leave are covered by your employer's sick leave policy. For instance, if you take time off to care for a sick family member, your employer can force you to use your accrued sick leave if its leave policy allows you to use sick leave to care for ill family members.