i need a downgrade code

it upgraded me to deluxe version and i only wanted the free version of turbotax
Hello.

If you upgraded accidentally or did not realize you were using a higher TurboTax version and want to downgrade to a lower level product, you'll have to contact us directly to apply for a downgrade. Here's how:

1. Go to: https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/
2. Select a category and a subcategory
3. Scroll down and click on "Chat with Us" or "Call Us"
4. Tell the agent you would like to apply for a downgrade

The Agent will ask you a few questions and briefly review your account. Within minutes, the Agent will either issue a one-time downgrade code (if approved) or explain why your request was declined.

For more information: https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/go/GEN12186

Thank you for using TurboTax!
  • go to HR block online...I am.
  • That is what I am going to do....
  • the wait is freaking ridiculous wtf 44 minutes !!!
  • did anyone ever get an answer how to switch back. I cant even find a number
  • they make it impossible to find a way to switch back!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF.
  • This is ridiculous! I've used Turbotax for the last 6 years and I will not be coming back next year!
  • I agree with all of the above. Turbo tax told me I had to upgrade because I had  a foreclosure on my home, when I got to the end it said I didn't need to file it.  So I upgraded for nothing.   I am unemployed and wanted to downgrade.The site says it is only a min wait but I was on hold for over 15 and gave up.  Going to find another software to use, what a ripoff.
  • Same here, 2 hours wasted trying to down grade. Support says yo CAN'T downgrade!