F1 Student (Resident alien) filing 1042-S and W2 forms with tax treaty

Hello there,
I am a Ph.D. student on an F1 visa who just exceeded the 5-year mark in the US, so I am a resident alien for tax purposes. I received a W2, which I have filed in my 1040EZ. However, I also received a 1042-S for a fellowship amount I was awarded. I have an income code of 15 and there is a tax treaty with India (citizen). My gross income is $1000 and federal tax is $140.

1) Can I file a 1040EZ instead of a 1040? If so, where would I enter the wages and taxes?
2) Where would I enter the negative amount? And does the standard deduction cover the sum of W2 and 1042-S taxes (i.e., $1415 federal tax on my W2 and $140 on my 1042-s)

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
    Enter the amount from the 1042S under "less common income" -> taxable scholarship.
    The taxes go under "credits and deductions" -> "estimates and other taxes paid"
    Turbotax will determine  the correct form to file
    The tax treaty with India does not exempt a specific amount from being taxed, it rather allows non-resident alien students from India to claim the standard deduction and dependent exemptions. This is obsolete once you are a resident alien.
    The standard deduction reduces your taxable income. For single, this deduction is $5700. You also get a personal exemption of $3650. So if the sum of that is more than you earned, you will get all your taxes back
    • Thanks very much, bine22. I have another question now: do I not have to mail them my W2 and 1042S in the case of Turbotax? I read somewhere that I have to mail my 1042S..Thanks!
    • got it, the answer is yes! :)