Link to updated refund cycle chart!

http://yhtax.nicwebdesign.com/2012%20IRS%20Refund%20Cycle.pdf

Ok, enough mumbo jumbo about new system and old system. I was very curious to see if in fact there was an updated chart and this is what I found. Yes, I too, initially was given an estimated refund date of the 25th. My return was accepted on the 17th before 11 am. However, this chart clearly shows a refund date of the 26th. I believe this all makes sense now given the IRS Where's My Refund? site says by the 31st, which is the extra time the IRS gives to allow the bank time to post your refund.
  • keeping my fingers crossed, thanks for the update.
This is the old refund chart from 4-2011.  They have since sent out a 11-2011 one. So this is not correct.
  • That's the old chart.  It revision date on the bottom is04/11. The new chart is dated 11/11 and can be found here on the IRS website. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043.pdf
  • My mistake. I'm thinking that this may in fact be the correct timeline now though.
  • Called the IRS again today. According to her you must give the full 3 weeks for processing before you see your refund.
  • IMPORTANT INFORMATION

We previously sent you an email estimating that the IRS would deposit your refund with us on 1/25. Based on changes to the IRS funding cycle we have updated that estimate to 2/1. For the most current information, visit the IRS site at www.irs.gov and click on “Where’s My Refund”. You can also check on the status of your refund by calling the IRS at (800) 829-1954. The Bank will process your refund as soon as it is received. NOTE: The IRS does not guarantee payment according to their refund cycle chart or website. They are provided as guidelines in which most refunds are processed but whenever they actually send us your tax refund deposit, you can be assured that we will send your payment out to you within 24 hours of receipt.

Sincerely

TPG Customer Service
I just tried 2 different 800 numbers. The response on both were the same. It tells you to check the Where's my refund on the irs.gov site and that they will be updating it shortly. Yesterday it couldn't find mine. Today I got this answer -
We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by January 31, 2012.

Now notice that says BY the 31st...not necessarily on that date. So I will be checking my bank account every day in the mean time lol. Hope this helps some of you that are worried.
  • I don't know how much weight to put on this since I've gotten a different answer each time I've called but the rep I spoke to today said if you have not been assigned a date yet then it won't be this week. He told me not to even put alot of faith in the 1/31 date and hope for next Friday.

I filed 1/10 w/TT
    Accepted 1/17 at 1 p.m. PST
    WMR and Automated Phone and IRS reps have said before 1/31
  • I called the IRS and they told me that they cannot find my refund as of yet.  I filed on the 17th was accepted on the 19th at 1:34 am.  SHe said that i should re-file that they only thing that this would do is kick back if it already has my information.  I am praying this happens because instead of getting it next week, i wont get it untile the 8th, What a joke.
  • heres the link to the right irs tax refund chart that was revised an dated 11/2011 http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043.pdf
Here is a clickable link....

Here is the IRS Refund Cycle chart …
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043.pdf
  • The charts are pointless this year as they are having problems and everything is messed up. I would suggest checking your wmr or calling the 800 numbers to find a more definite answer. I was accepted on 17th, my wmr says still processing and by the 31st. I called and found out it should be dd next friday on the 3rd. So, sometime next week I should have some money lol.
  • This is messed up this year.  I always receive my refund right before my birthday (monday).  Apparently not this year.
When I asked about the chart today with a live rep, I was told "the chart does not take in to account overwhelming responses, it is based on last years flow and this year we are flooded" Not a good response and tells me the chart is ancient history, but the IRS should update all of us if that is the case!  Basically, ignore the chart, even the newest one.
  • I called IRS today they said I should receive my money by 02/01. My return was accepted on the 24th. The charts says the 3rd and the irs site says the 7th.  If you call they should be able to look into your return to see if there is an estimated date for you.  I called twice to confirm and received the same answer both times.