where would my IP PIN go at on this efile

irs gave me a pin number to file my taxes where do i enter the pin at? when i efile my 2011 taxes
    As you step through the print & file section of the interview, you will be prompted for your PIN.
    • Under Federal > Other Tax > Other Return Info, click on  Identity Protection Pin. Enter your 6 digit Identity Protection Pin.
    My previous answer shows where you can file your 6 digit Identity Pin number in the online version. If you click on your guide while there, it will tell you that you can efile.

For some reason the help support page is not updated to reflect this update.
      Everyone is confusing their IP PIN (Identity Protection PIN) with their e-file PIN.  The IP PIN (issued by the IRS year by year) is entered by choosing Federal Taxes>Other Tax Situations>Identity Protection PIN>Edit. Enter the IRS IP PIN mailed to you by the IRS in mid-December.  When you are finished entering all other tax info, you must also enter a e-file PIN. Call the IRS phone number on that screen to get the number for each person listed. It took me 3 tries, but I finally got it right. I was a victim of identity theft back in 2009, it's been a pain ever since. Using the method described above worked for me on 1/31/12.
      • I was having trouble getting TT to accept my new pin number when I was efiling and when I finally used last years number it worked.
      • the letter i received from IRS stated that you are assigned IP PIN for your 2011 federal tax return only is xxxxxx, keep this with your tax records. Do not lose your IP PIN. if you do, you will only be able to file a paper tax return; you won't be able to able to e-file. (so this mean that you can e-file your tax, and here is where to enter your PIN ( Federal taxes > Other tax situation > click on START tab of (other return info)  >   Select YES  >  and enter your PIN below) . hopefully this will help you.
      • Where do I but my IP PIN number I recieved from the IRS this year, I was a victim of identity theft and the letter states I can file electronicly with it
      • Hi, This is a very important discussion.

To recap, it sounds like the IP PIN is specific for a given tax year.  So, if I want an IP PIN for the 2011 tax filing, I basically can't get one now, since it was issued in Dec 2011 to everyone?

Gene
      you do not have to mail file if you have a IP pin.  i just did it.  the only way you have to mail it in is if you lost your IP pin.  other than that, the IP pin is entered under other tax situations.
      • i am trying to file using my IP PIN and it will not accept my return. I double checked the letter I got from the IRS with that IP PIN. Do I just use the IP PIN by itself, because its saying that my AGI does not match they have for last year. I dont know what the AGI they have for last year is, because I was a victim of Identity Theft last year. Any assistance would be helpful.
      Please read this:
      http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/File-Electronically--current-year-/Entering-Your-6-Digit-IRS-Identity-Protection-PIN/HOW13747.html
      Since you're using the online version, you can't e-file with a 6 digit PIN.
      You enter it under the tab other tax situations there is a list and you will see ip pin number, if you use the online version you can efile with it. Hope this helps.
      • I dont know why but my e file was rejected twice I enter my IP pin in other taxes screen and did not I call IRS at 1800 that is in the letter and they said that maybe is the tt software that for some reason is  no showing to them the IP pin. they better to send it by mail with copy of the letter explain that was rejected.
      • The IP pin is issued in my name and my spouse is listed as primary.  Turbo tax wont let me enter an IP pen for me (secondary person)  however my taxes got rejected due to no IP pen.  What do I do?
      • Same problem here!!!!