I received a form 1099-C after I filed, now I need to amend. I amended my federal taxes and it made my MI state taxes sky high! How do I file a 1099-C with my state taxes too?

Is there a spot in the State taxes that I can include this 1099-C form ?
    cornfused6 -- if  you told TurboTax to e-file your return ( actually you do the e-filing, TurboTax is just the transmitter in such cases ), it has been done  -- assuming you are not in the category that has to wait till Feb 14th before IRS can accept the return for processing.  Rest assured.

jojo396, --- if you have  recievd a 1099-C after you filed your return ---  if the return has been accepted by the IRS for processing, then wait till you receive ypour refund i.e. the  return has been accepted as is --- then file an amended return including the effects of the 1099-C.  Note that if the 1099-C is for the foreclosure/ short-sale  & cancellation of debt on your  main home then the amount  may be deductible.  All other 1099-C except thos in case of  bankruptcy may be taxable income.  Note the amended return is a paper return  i.e. you must print, sign and mail in.   Also this may affect your state return.

If the return is not accepted, then you can modify the return and re-e-file
      If the 1099-C was for cancellation of debt of your main residence, then this should not have incresed your AGI. --- it is excludable by chnaging the  basis of your home.  But in all other cases except for  bankrutcy, the cancelled  debt counts as income and therfore increases your AGI.

The state starts with the AGI and adjusts for  Federal to State differences --- thus if the  1099-C was for your home then MI taxes should not have affected. However, if the  1099-C was for other debt then , yes  MI taxes would go up because there is no offset either in the federal or state AGI
      • who do i know if turbotax e-filed my federal&state taxes i need to amend
      • i received a form 1099-c after i filed,now i need to amend. what must i do?