Foreign Earned Income (form 2555) & Exclusions

Hello,
I moved from US to Singapore on June 28, 2011.
When I use Turbo Tax to enter data for Foreign Income credit, the software advises me to file an extension as I will only meet the IRS "Physical Presence" test by June 2012.

First Question I have is: Will I have to file the extension manually (form 4868) or will Turbo Tax do that for me?
Can I then log in to Turbo Tax in June and file my return?

Another question: Because I do not meet the "physical presence" test at the moment, the software will not allow me to enter all the details for form 2555 (foreign earned income). For example I can;t enter the credit for foreign hosing rental expense.  If I Change the dates so that I meet the physical presence test, it allows me to  enter all the data, but of course the dates are wrong.

Last question: If I file an extension for Federal, how do I file my part-year NY state taxes using Turbo Tax? It seems I have to file federal first?

Thanks in advance,
Mathew
    Here are the instructions for filing for an extension:
    http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/File-an-Extension/File-an-Individual-Extension-for-Tax-Year-2011/GEN12483.html

You also need to be aware that you cannot efile your return with a foreign address
      There are special rules for people establishing residence in the US. Are you a US citizen/permanent resident or what is your visa status?
      Are you married?
      • Hi,
        I am a citizen (US) and I'm unmarried.
        Thanks.
      Yes, you need to wait to file your return until you meet the physical presence test.
      You can use Turbotax to file your extension.

For the state return you need to determine if NY still considers you a resident even if you moved abroad. If you still ave ties to New York (bank account/drivers license/home) and/or plan to move back there, you might still be a resident.
      http://taxdood.com/2011/02/11/introduction-to-new-york-state-residency-rules/
      You can file for an extension for NY as well.
      • Thank you. It was unclear to me as to how to file an extension using Turbo Tax Premier. After entering all the data, and checking the option to file an extension, the final e-file screen does not show that the software will file an extension - it appears as if the software will e-file my taxes.  
        Perhaps I need to file an extension separately using different software? After your response, I searched TurboTax website, and I pointed  to http://turbotax.intuit.com/irs-tax-extensions/
        It appears that filing an extension via turbo tax is only available in March, and it also appears that that is a separate service and not a part of TurboTax premier.
        Thanks for you help.