federal carryover worksheet

I have a request I do not understand. It brought up an error flag and displayed the "Federal Carryover Worksheet 2010" and asked for Total W/H Pmts-1 must be entered. In the State or Local ID I find GE in the (a) column, 222. in the (c) column, and the request to fill column (d). In the next row I find OH in the (a) column, 1,631. in the (d) column, and 75. in the (f) column. I have no idea what to put in the (d) column. I don't even know what GE stands for.
  • I had the same issue.  I had PAG and i took me a while but I actually found out that it was asking for information from my 2009 taxes.  It was asking about withholdings and PAG is apparently the abbreviation they used for my county taxes I paid while on unemployment directly to the county.  I put all the info in last year so I am not sure why it pulled up this year, but I guess turbo tax was checking to see if we paid out more than what we said last year or less.  If you have a PDF of last years taxes search for key words Estimated Tax payments or Tax Payment worksheet.
  • I am stuck here as well. Is it possible to speak to a human being?
  • this is annoying to have this pop up.
GE refers to the Generic City return for Ohio.  

For GE line, the Total W/H Pmts column, you would enter the sum of the amounts from your 2009 Ohio locality return for these lines:
- withholding
- estimated payments
- amount paid with extension
- overpayment from 2009 applied to 2010

Thanks.
  • I have a similar problem but the response does not fit my situation.  I paid quarterly estimated taxes to PA of $130 each in 2009 and 2010.

The Federal Carryover Worksheet has 130 in (c) estimates pd after 12/31 and 224 in (f) total overpayment. There was no carryover of my refund to 2010.  What is TurboTax looking for here --2009 or 2010 info or what ?  I'm totally confused.
  • During Federal Error Check, I also get a prompt to Check This Entry for Tax Payments Worksheet, Line 24 Local ID.  I have no idea why they'd be asking me this, as I did not make any estimated payments in 2010.  It doesn't seem to match any amount in my prior or current year tax return.  I plugged it with "0000", but I don't like doing things like this just to work around the error.
  • I went through the interview and answered all the questions, but TT failed to complete column (d) of the carryove worksheet. TT also filled in column (e), but the help never says where this value gets used.  My concern is that I correctly completed the interview, but TT still reported an error on the worksheet.  This makes me feel that TT is not completing the forms correctly or is not correctly error checking.