How do I include a 1099-C in my tax return?

I received a 1099-C for a short sale.  I was insolvent at the time, and the following month I filed bankruptcy.  Do I include it as income or use the 982 as insolvent?  If I use form 982, should the amount be the amount of the cancelled debt?  As it is difficult to tell how insolvent I was my debts were much greater than my assets.
    You would report the 1099-C in your return as the IRS also has a copy of this form.  This amount of "income" will be exempted from taxable consequence, with qualification,  if it involved a primary residence.  Your having filed bankruptcy will also exempt the proceeds from taxable consequence,  under certain limits.  You will need to complete a Form 982 which you may prepare using a desktop version of Turbo Tax, with the ability to work in tax forms.  Your message indicates that you are using Premier online, which will allow you to report your 1099-C but will not faciliate additional work in 1099-C worksheets or 982 preparation.  If you have already purchased Turbo Tax Premier online, contact tech support  www.turbotax.com.support/contact and they will assist you obtain the desktop version that you will need to complete this data entry and reporting. Or, you may purchase a desktop version on CD or  as a download from www.turbotax.com   Hope this helps.