IRS reject return error code 0010 8283 1098-C file form federal, neither form filed with return

I did not file either of these forms and do not have any non-cash charitable deductions
    Did you enter a 1099 as a 1098 by mistake?
    • No, I did not complete any form 1098. I did enter 1098 interest for my mortgage deduction. The rejection refers to form 1098-C. This is a non-cash chartiable deduction.
    • I got the same exact errors and rejection twice.  I called Turbo Tax and spoke to them for over an hour, did their recommendation (delete tax file and start again) and got a THIRD rejection.  It appears they don't even know how to handle the errors, see the email I got from them after my call:

Thank you for contacting TurboTax Help and Support. You called requesting assistance regarding the following issue:
      ***********
      Your Federal has been rejected twice. The return is asking for Forms that aren't listed and part of your return.
      These are the actions we took to assist you in resolving your issue:
      We resolved your issue by going through your return by line items in the Deductions and Credits section to make sure there were no incorrect entries.
      Since we could not find any errors, we determined that the best option would be to delete the return and start again since you entered your numbers before the updates were completed on Feb 24th.
      It was a pleasure speaking with you and I thank you very much for your patience!

Thank you for using TurboTax!
      ***********

Hopefully they will realize this issues is happening to many people and find a solution soon.  This year has been terrible!!
    • I have run into the same problem of rejection for a non-cash donation.  I didn't make any non-cash donations!  I don't need this form, and there is not a way to simple enter "zero" as an answer.  is there a way to resolve this without having to re-enter all of the data?
    • Madonrider. No, starting over does not help. There is another link were others have done this. I may have found the problem for my return. I have found IRS is rejecting returns with error code 0010 for form 8941, line 1-14 left blank. I have a form 8941 with lines 1-14 left blank.  Line 15 is a small group health credit that flows through off my form K1. The IRS states line 1-14 are not needed if line 15 is used and they are working to correct. I suspect the rejection code 0010 for form 8283 and 1098-C is not correct because they just allowed transmission of forms 8941 on Feb 24th due to how new it is. Probably did not update their error code to include this form.
    search turbo tax for : reject code 0010    sln47472
    you find explanation from irs

YOU CAN ALSO GOOGLE : ARTICLE SLN47472
    • I thought the 8941 was probably the problem and tried a workaround. IRS states lines 1-14 not being completed cause an incorrect rejection of return when line 15 is the only relevent line needed for some credits.I completed these lines and still get rejected so there is more to the rejection than just lines 1-14.
    • Error should be corrected tonight! I will retransmit my return and let everyone know if it works.

ATTN:  Software Developers, Return Transmitters and Authorized IRS e-file Providers/EROs

Please be advised that the correction to Error Reject Code 0010 relating to Form 8941 will be implemented nationwide on March 7, 2011 for the 6:00 p.m. drain (local Service Center time).  The correction will allow Lines 1-14 to be filed with no entries when the only source for the credit is a partnership, S corporation, cooperative, estate, or trust.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.