1098-T taxable amount

My son received a 1098-T with a box 2 qualified expenses of 13540.00 and a box 5 Scholarships or grants total of 19090.00.  is the amount I enter as taxable amount in "taxable Scholarships and Fellowships"  subsection of the "Wages & Income" section of Turbo Tax or do i enter both amounts on elsewhere and Turbo Tax will calculate it for me?
    You only need to enter the information on the Form 1098-T once, via "Federal Taxes" - "Deductions & Credits" - "Education" - "Education Expenses." The program will automatically determine any taxable grant/scholarship income and add it to your return.

You can learn more at this link:

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Education/Paying-Qualified-Education-Expenses-with-Grants-or-Scholarships/GEN80525.html
    • I'm a graduate student and received a fellowship that pays for my tuition and for my research and living expenses. I calculated the taxable portion of my fellowship to enter in my wages and income, but after entering my 1098-T, TurboTax overrode the taxable amount I previously entered with the amount of scholarships posted on my 1098T. I am now being taxed for my entire fellowship rather than the taxable portion only. How do I fix this? This is completely opaque and poorly executed on TurboTax's part.