12b code DD entered by employer

My employer (non-profit) is claiming the amount they spent on insurance on me in box 12b, as code DD $7031.72
This is increasing the amount that TT is saying I owe by that amount. However, I know that I do not owe half of my income in taxes. How do I get this corrected without pretending it's not on my W2.
    I believe it is for the portion of your insurance benefits paid by the company you work for as part of your employment package.  It is one of those changes this year from the government wanting more info on how you get your money.  Just read where it didn't affect the amount of money taxed, but still...
    • Code DD – Reports the cost of health insurance provided through your employer.
    I tried it on a test tax return and it seemed to work oK.

Go back into that W-2 and check all the $$ values. in al the boxes

or give me the $$ values in round figures in all the boxes and I'll check that too for possible interactions
      DD may stand for Direct Deposit (i.e., your net paycheck amount for the year).  Why do you think it's for insurance?
      • I guess they cpould alsi be reporting direct deposit $$ in by accident, but Code DD in box 12???   That's a valid code.

Even so, a DD and $7k entry on my test return didn't have any affect on the taxes owed.  
        Has to be some other interaction
      • dd is the code for pre-taxed health insurance