1099-MISC income but no 1099-MISC form? (2nd attempt)

All right, I will attempt to ask this question once again, as I was very dissatisfied with the answer the first time around.

First I will post my original question:

I earned $406 in 1099-MISC income last year, none of which had any taxes or deductions taken out. My employer sent me a bunch of forms that looked like old bank statements (indeed with information taken right off my old check stubs). There is no EIN number listed on the pages, but there was a page they included that said I did not have to report 1099-MISC income unless I earned at least $600 in the calendar year (which they circled and underlined as if to prove some point). Yet I saw a post on this board that said I had to report 1099-MISC income of $400 or more. I don't know who to believe here? Even so, how am I supposed to put this into TurboTax if I do not have an actual 1099-MISC form in my hands? (They never sent me one.)

Is there a way to look up the EIN online at all? Or else how can I do this?

[end of original question]

I will post the response to my prior post:

"You go into misc income category and say that you do not have a 1099-MISC -- TurboTax will ask for the amount of income and you go on from there --- it is as if you had a 1099-MISC --- no EIN etc . Wether you like it or not all income must be reported -- they don't have to send you a 1099-MISC if the total amount debited to you is less than $600 but you still have to report every dollar of your income, even if there are no 1099-MISC involved."

If this forum had the options available, I would give a "negative mark" to the person who posted that comment. For the record, I was not able to find where the miscellaneous income category this poster mentioned was exactly located. I repeat, I have no official form, just a bunch of forms hastily copied-and-pasted from check stubs.

If anyone can answer my original question without posting an insulting comment like "Wether you like it or not all income must be reported," I would appreciate it very much.
    levys410:  I think I am understanding your question, and I'll try to answer it in a way that will offer you some help.  I'm not sure exactly what your employer was trying to say when they underlined and circled the information about the limits for 1099.  Here's the way it works.  An employer is only required to issue you a 1099 if your income from them exceeds $600.  But you are required to report all income.  Maybe they were trying to let you know why you were not receiving a 1099 from them.  To report your $406:  Go to the Personal Income Section, then down to the category headed Less Common Income.  Once you are in that section, you should see a section for "Income for which I did not receive a 1099" or something like that.  This income can be reported there.  Don't worry about an EIN; since you didn't receive a 1099, you won't be required to submit it.  You should just list the payer (name of your employer) and the $406 you were paid.  Be prepared for TurboTax to mention that you may need a Schedule C, because self-employment income that exceeds $400 usually will require that form, and possibly some self-employment taxes.  If you are required to complete Schedule C, just use your name and social security number as identification.  (If you had any expenses associated with this income, you may avoid the self-employment tax.)  So see where you get with this much information, and if I can help you any further, I'm happy to.  Tax time is a real pain.  Good luck!
    • kat528: Thank you very much, that was very helpful (and also respectful)! Yes, I hear you, tax time really is a royal pain in the ***. But you made me smile for a little while tonight. Thanks again! :)
    • levys410:  You are so welcome.  Keep your chin up!  Blessings to you.
    • Thank you, kat528, and same to you! :)