E-File rejected due to AGI or last year's PIN being wrong....help!

I filed last year by mail.  This years (efiled last night) got rejected when turbotax program prompted me to file using "last years pin" (which wasn't right since I paper filed) and AGI.  - my return was rejected because it said the AGI or prior year's pin was wrong - so i called the automated service at irs and it said use zero.  well that didn't work.  so i called irs, spoke to a rep, and verified my AGI was correct.  so I just re-submitted using the still correct AGI - and I tried to force it through by leaving the pin fields blank - new or old. (since I didn't have one last year and it won't give me one this year).  turbotax caused this by prompting me with last years pin in the boxes - when I didn't efile last year.

Also - the screen where it asks you to choose a new pin or use last years AGI -  forces both buttons to be selected and I can't seem to unselect the button next to 'enter the  new pin' area..  Any ideas - how to make my return start this process over so it doesn't force me into pins I don't have or can't get?  that I have unfortunately entered?

I'm awaiting my re-submittal status - so I'll let you know if I got it to go through as it seems like others are having this problem.

Thank you!

Answer

2 people found this helpful

Great! Glad to hear you got it thru.
Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original
SuperUser
1 additional answer

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community