E-File rejected due to AGI or last year's PIN being wrong....help!

I filed last year by mail.  This years (efiled last night) got rejected when turbotax program prompted me to file using "last years pin" (which wasn't right since I paper filed) and AGI.  - my return was rejected because it said the AGI or prior year's pin was wrong - so i called the automated service at irs and it said use zero.  well that didn't work.  so i called irs, spoke to a rep, and verified my AGI was correct.  so I just re-submitted using the still correct AGI - and I tried to force it through by leaving the pin fields blank - new or old. (since I didn't have one last year and it won't give me one this year).  turbotax caused this by prompting me with last years pin in the boxes - when I didn't efile last year.

Also - the screen where it asks you to choose a new pin or use last years AGI -  forces both buttons to be selected and I can't seem to unselect the button next to 'enter the  new pin' area..  Any ideas - how to make my return start this process over so it doesn't force me into pins I don't have or can't get?  that I have unfortunately entered?

I'm awaiting my re-submittal status - so I'll let you know if I got it to go through as it seems like others are having this problem.

Thank you!
  • My return was accepted, hooray!

I forced it through with no PIN - no pin for last year or this year - and just last years AGI for me and spouse.  The problem was turbotax put last years pin in the box - even though i filed by mail last year.  i guess I tried to do it but it was too late so the pins were in there even though i didn't use them.  thus - if you filed by mail - use no pin at all - just the correct AGI and you'll get through.

good luck to all.
Great! Glad to hear you got it thru.
  • How did you force turbo tax to let you submit the return with a blank PIN?  I filed my return by mail in 2010 and trying to e-file for 2011.  TT keeps taking me back asking for my pin before it will let me re-submit.  I orginally filed with my 2009 PIN and 2010 AGI and the IRS rejected.  I tryed to get a new pin from the IRS and they don't recognize me.
  • Hello TraTra-

I can't totally remember how I got through - but I think I just kept leaving any pin fields blank and kept ignoring the warnings - and made sure I had last years AGI correct - and I got it it through?

Can you just submit AGI and leave PIN blank?  sorry I can't be more help.  I remember being frustrated - and then it went through.  did I back up in the interview to bypass the Pin part?
  • THIS IS THE SAME PROBLEM IM HAVING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!1 They were supposed to call me back 50 minutes ago no call!!
  • They told me you could use 1 of the other DOES NOT have to be both, im having the same problem got rejected because of the AGI or PIN and I DIDNT electronically file last year, so idk talking with someone now this needs to get fixed im pulling my hair out!!!
go through now I fixed it it shonot be rejecteded