This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.

I live in Indiana (Porter County) and work in Chicago, IL. I pay state income tax to Illinois. How do I file for both state income taxes?

    See this TT article:

    Illinois and Indiana do not have a reciprocal agreement (discussed in the above article).

    First prepare your Federal return. Next prepare your nonresident Illinois return.  Then prepare your Indiana return and claim a credit for the taxes paid to IL.