My son's daycare provider isn't licensed. How can I e-file without this info?

I've finished entering everything - but I keep getting an error message because TurboTax wants me to enter info from a specific childcare provider form that I do not have. She isn't licensed. How can I proceed and e-file?
    You will need the social security number of the child care provider to report the child care deduction.
    • Thanks for the info. Even if she's not licensed I still need to enter this? I don't want to get her in trouble.
    • Ok, I just called her and she said she'll get in trouble if I enter her SSN. So I lowered the amount to $3000 as I thought this was the max I could enter without providing a 2441 Form but it's still asking me for the info. Please help!
    • You cannot use the child care deduction or claim the credit without a social security number or an employer number.  If the provider does not provide either, you cannot claim the deduction, no matter what amount you enter.  Those are the rules the the IRS regulations stipulate.
    • I was worried about that. I guess it's a bit like paying rent - pointless. Thanks for the help!
    • Sounds like the person who provided the care is not reporting the income on her tax returns.  Therefore if she will not give you her SS you cannot claim the Child Care credit.
    I would tell your childcare provider if she does not provide her info you will use someone else. I have used a private person as well and always been given their ss number. If she continues to refuse you can still claim the money paid but you will not be able to efile. Not sure what the form is that you need to fill out. Childcare is a big deduction. Don't let her screw you just cause she doesn't want to pay taxes.