What is State of Illinois ID #?

Turbo tax is asking for the State ID number in box 10 b on my 1099-G.  There is no box 10 b it ends with box 9 which shows the amount of IL income tax withheld.  Do I need to show the State ID # somewhere or not?
  • Im looking for this answer too! I will let you know if I get it.. The 1099-G for Illinois only have 9 boxes!
  • Same here. My 1099-G only goes up to box 9 as well.
  • I too need the state id # where is it sooo frustated
TT throws back an error with your return if you leave it blank.  I put the fed id # in and both my returns were accepted.
  • I called IDES regarding IL state ID # and was told that IL has no state ID # and that the standard 1099-G form only has 9 boxes. I entered the Federal ID # where it was asking for state ID and my return was accepted. Hope this helps.
I read on another Q&A site for a different tax program that it is the same as the Federal ID # shown directly below IDES address.  Does anyone know if this is true or not?
  • @xanderlink, I am would also love to know if this is true.

I called and they simply said everything i need is on the 1099-G form. I tried to explain to them that this is not on the 1099-G and they said all they have is a federal id number. They also said there is no state id number. So not sure if i should populate the federal id in the field or if i should leave it blank.
Mine was 36-3042127 (western sub of Illinois) I need the state of illinois address and zip?
  • The federal carryover worksheet asks for the St loc Id, and when I put in the fed Id recommended in the community there isn't enough room.  This box only take 4 or 5 characters
  • Im entering my federal and state withholding and its showing a error at in on turbo tax...what shall I do
  • Illinois Department of Employment Security
    Claimant Services Department
    33 S. State St - 9th floor
    Chicago, IL 60603
    Phone: (800) 244-5631 - TTY: (866) 322-8357
    www.ides.illinois.gov
  • IDES Federal ID (36-3042127)