IRS cannot provide info on my return

My electronic filing was accepted on 2/5/12. This is the response I am now getting:

Refund Status Results

We cannot provide any information about your refund.

If you file a complete and accurate tax return, your refund will be issued:
within three weeks of the acknowledgement date if you filed your return electronically.
Processing may take longer under certain circumstances. Be sure to:
verify your filing date;
check with your tax preparer or tax software provider; or
verify you received your electronically filed acknowledgement e-mail.

Does this mean I am being impatient since it has only been a few days? Before it asked me to verify info to make sure I was entering the right data. Now this Of course it is 2/7 and again I was accepted on 2/5 so I am being impatient?
    Eager.
    Not impatient.
    :)

But yes...the IRS website states that one must wait 72 hours before data will show up. However...when one calls the IRS, directly, they tell you to expect to see updated information in 72 *business* hours.

Either way - you should have access to your information, soon.
    • If there should be a problem with getting my returns will come back and tell me? Will something show up saying there is a problem with your return?
    Yes...if there is a problem with your return - you will be contacted.
    • You have been very helpful - Thank you! But it has now been 72 hours and the "check my Refund" is showing up with nothing. Should I be worried?
    • I am having the same issue I filed on the 4th and still can't check my refund status
    • I too was accepted on the 4th of Feb. but the information has not update. I am getting the message  We cannot provide any information about your refund.

verify your filing date;
      Could anyone explain?
    • I am going looney tunes. i tell you. i have never had a problem with this. i could always depend on turbo tax and i know it is not turbo tax. my return was accepted on 1/30. 2 hrs after i submitted it and i am still getting the message we cannot provide any info. i already got my state back. this is crazy
    • I am having the same exact issue. I filled and was accepted 02/02/12 and everyday since then the "where's my refund" tool gives me the same exact response. I am well beyond the 72 hrs. It just has me concerned with the transmission of my filling. I figure that since I didnt make the 10 day refund round then I must be on the 21 day disbursement for my refund. Wish the refund tool would just advise me of that to ease my worries.
    • having the same issue and when i call it just tells me they cannot tell me anything and that the website will have all the info. :-(
    • I got the same problem and its been over one week.. i'm getting worried too. why can't they update their system,
    • I am getting the same message, Mine was accepted on 2-4 and I am still getting this message.