Why is box 1 and 2 blank on my 1098 T form. It shows my grant i received in box 5 and a check mark in box 8.

Also the grant was used to pay my whole tuition for one semester last year, which I completed.
    You need to enter the tuition amount as "Tuition not reported on the 1098-t" on a screen after you enter your 1098t

Box 2 is probably blank because the tuition was billed in 2009 and paid in 2010.
    Schools only fill in box 1 or box 2, not both.
    • BOTH Box 1 and 2 are blank, but Box 5 shows scholoarships received. am I required to report this 1098t if BOTH box 1 and 2 is empty?
    • Louise, "You need to enter the tuition amount as "Tuition not reported on the 1098-t" on a screen after you enter your 1098t"
      This isn't happening for me... may I enter the full amount paid to the school in box 1, even though it was left empty?
      An itemized list was provided to me by the University, I just don't see where to enter it into a worksheet/form in Turbo tax.2012.
      Mmany thanks
    • An answer to the above would be helpful to me as well! Thank you Louise