What does "all investment is at risk" mean?

I'm an independent contractor.  Don't have my own company.  I noticed that box 32a is checked in Schedule C Form 1040 in my 2010 return.  It's also checked for most of my freelance businesses except one (the one I didn't receive a 1099-MISC for).  What does it mean?   Do I leave that checked anyway?
    If you don't know what it means then probably All your Investment is at Risk (check Box 32a). It means you are using your own money for the business.

Check Box 32b Not at Risk, if you have amounts invested in this business for which you are not at risk, such as the following:
    ---Non-recourse loans used to finance the business
    ---Cash, property or borrowed amounts used in the business that are protected against loss by a guarantee, stop-loss agreement, or other similar arrangement (excluding casualty insurance and insurance against tort liability).
    ---Amounts borrowed for use in the business from a person who has an interest in the business, other than as a creditor.

If you have money not at risk you can not take a loss on schedule C.
    • Thank you.  I have no protected money in it.  It's freelance, writing, blogging, etc.  What money I invest in it I don't get back. :D