I have a 1099 B that is reporting Federal Tax Withheld for ESPP, but W2 did not include this witholding amount. What do I do?

Closed out Employee Stock Plan Account and Federal taxes were withheld at the time.  The 1099B indicates the amount in Box 4.  The 'Enter Your Sale Information' screen says at the bottom:  "Note:  Any taxes withheld from your ESPP proceeds should be included on your W-2."  It does not appear that this withholding was included on my W2 from my employer.  The amount of the withholding from the ESPP is more than what is reported on my W2 from my employer.  What do I do to report these withholdings from the 1099B?
    So what I'm reading here is the taxes for closing the ESP plan are reported on the 1099-B form. That's fine. The taxes showing on the W2 are for wages, not for ESP. They're two separate types of income and are reported separately as it should be.
    • I have the same situation with dolphins69, but when i am in Turbo tax and entered my ESPP sales information, i can only input box 1a, 6 and 8. Box 4 is not an option. Where can i input my federal tax withheld within Turbo Tax, Any ideas? Thanks.
    dyu0922:

As dolphins69 pointed out in his original post, the first screen in the sales entry area for ESPP sales has this notice near the bottom:  "Any taxes withheld from your ESPP proceeds should be included on your W-2."
    Are you certain that these taxes were NOT included on your W-2? (ask at work if you're unsure)

In any case, there does not appear to be a way to enter any Federal taxes withheld in Box 4 on ESPP sales at that point in the program.  If you're certain about how the taxes were handled, you need to talk in real-time with Customer Support so you can go over the screens together. If you are certain that these taxes are not reported on your W-2, then tell them that and ask them to help you with a possible workaround for reporting them elsewhere in the program.

This is how you talk to Customer Service in Chat or Phone.
    There are at least 4 departments, depending on the type of question you have--billing, software, tax issue, etc.
    Here's how you get routed to the correct department
    Read all the steps before going to the link at the end of this message.

You will first arrive at a page that says CONTACT US.

You MUST choose a topic on the LEFT (choose one close to your problem), then a topic on the RIGHT to get the page to expand and make the contact boxes appear. That routes you to the correct support department. If you don't choose something in both columns, the contact boxes lower in the page will not appear.

In your case, I would choose PREPARING MY RETURN on the left, and WAGES AND INCOME on the right. Then choose QUESTION ABOUT THE SOFTWARE.

You can disregard the help articles. Those steps above were just to get the page to expand and route you to the right support department.

By then the page will have expanded. Scroll down a little past the yellow notice of the IRS Delay.

You will now see contact boxes for CALL US or CHAT, with expected wait times.

Support hours: 5 AM - 9 PM PST, 7 days a week.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/index.jsp