can you take fee out of return

Yes.
    At the end of the process you are given the option to have your fees deducted from your refund.

There are two $30 fees.
    One for tax prep and one to have your fees deducted from your refund.
      Only from a federal refund if it is big enough.  You are in the Free Edition.  Federal is free and state is 27.95 and to deduct it from your federal refund is an EXTRA 29.95 which you can avoid by using a credit card.
        If you have not filed yet You can remove the refund transfer fee by going to the Print and File tab and continue until you get to the "Confirm Your Payment Decision" screen.

Answer "NO" to the question "So you still want your fees deducted from your federal refund". The next screen will give you the option to pay by credit card.
        • I changed it to pay with a CC and I was still charged the $29.95.  It didn't give me a 'review' screen once I put in my CC info before it charged me.  Is there anyway to get the $29.95 fee reimbursed?
        i would like deducted from return
          Right, you can only have the fees deducted from the federal return - not state refund.  So you would have had to pay for the state when you filed the federal return.
            Don't do it!  They charge another 29.95 to deduct it from your return.  Use a credit card and avoid the fee.
            • I already chose to have the extra fee taken from my tax return, but I didn't realize it would cost, now how can I go back in and change to a credit card???
            they are not giving the choice to deduct the fee from state return as they did with my federal
              What was the 29.95 for?  Deluxe is 29.95 for federal and 36.95 for state.

How to find your fees…..
              Log in to your return
              Click on Tools (Upper Right)
              Click on $My Fees
              A window will pop up that shows the fees
              • what if i dont have a credit card to pay the fee?
              • so i dont have a credit card. and im not getting anything back for my state refund. how do i not pay?
              • I am in the free edition why is it showing me a charge of 19.95?
              Have no idea since you are asking from the Deluxe version which is 29.95 for federal and 36.95 for state.

How to find your fees…..
              Log in to your return
              Click on Tools (Upper Right)
              Click on $My Fees

And to have the fees deducted from your federal refund is an EXTRA 29.95 Refund Transfer fee. Or you can pay with a credit card and avoid the extra charge.

If you want to go back to a lower version or the Free Edition you can contact customer service and ask for a downgrade code. You can contact Customer Service here 5am - 9pm Pacific time..…
              https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/index.jsp

See….. http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Questions-about-Product-Line-and-Features/Can-I-Switch-Back-to-a-Lower-Priced-TurboTax-/GEN12186.html

Or if you don't care about transferring from last year you can just abandon this account and start over in the Free Edition with a new account and user name here…
              http://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/free-edition.jsp

Or there is the Tax Freedom Edition, which is a separate free product from the regular Free Edition. The Turbo Tax Freedom website is free for federal AND free in 22 states. In order to use the Tax Freedom Edition, you have to start it at a special website:
              http://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/

When you get to Tax Freedom use the link to "I Qualify, Start Now" instead of the sign in link.
              Don't tell us here to take the fee out of your refund.  We can't do that for you.  You have to select that option when you file your return.

How to pay the Turbo Tax Online fees……..
              http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Working-on-My-Return/Paying-for-TurboTax-Online/GEN12234.html

Here is info on using REFUND TRANSFER to pay the Turbo Tax fees…….
              http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Tax-Refund/Using-Refund-Transfer-or-Refund-Processing-Services-to-Pay-TurboTax-Fees/GEN12098.html

WARNING!  There is an EXTRA 29.95 service charge for using the REFUND TRANSFER service.  So try to use a credit card and avoid the fee.
                can I use two credit cards to pay the fees?
                • If you pay the fee with your return, they charge you approx. $1/keystroke! taxACT.com will be my choice next year!
                You have to go to the help section and talk to a rep about it. They will give you a code to enter at checkout if you qualify for a discount of any sort... I did it twice because I didn't copy the code the first time... Recommend you double check you have the code before ending the session.
                  yes
                    If you can use the free edition, then do so.  Then go to your state website and submit your return, for free.
                      take cost out of refund
                        yes please take fee out of return.
                          yes