Student loan interest deduction and injured spouse

I have to file an injured spouse form because I am filing married filing jointly with my husband. My question is that my husband also owes on his student loans, which because he has not been working much, I have been paying so that he does not go into default. On the injured spouse form, can I claim the student loan interest, since I paid them, or does he claim them, since he is the borrower?
    Generally, you can claim the deduction if all of the following requirements are met.

...Your filing status is any filing status except married filing separately.

...No one else is claiming an exemption for you on his or her tax return.

...You are legally obligated to pay interest on a qualified student loan.

...You paid interest on a qualified student loan.

If you are not legally obligated to pay the interest, then you cannot allocate it to yourself.