SO WHY WONT IT LET ME GO PAST THE PERSONAL PROPERTY TAX FOR

• Can you please elaborate more?
  • Iowa, right?  This is a known problem, and TT is working on a solution as per a post from TTChristine.
  • It's great to know that I was going to pay $20 for a program that doesn't work. There are so many other sites out there that people can use. I wanted to start my taxes and finish them in one day not drag it out over a week or so. You should really post a warning to people that are filing Iowa taxes , that if they own a car, they can't finish their taxes.
  • Why would we wait another week to file our taxes becuase your software team is dragging their feet.  TaxActNow.com and H&RBlock.com are cheaper than turbo tax and they work just fine.
    don't waist your time and money here. I only came here beucase you guys had my records on file already, but it won't cost you anything but 20 more minutes to fill out the same information with other competators.
if you go back to your federal & delete your vehicle on your federal if you took your standard deduction, then delete the state & start it over it will let you skip the question and finish your state. this is with Iowa
  • I can' get past tangible personal property section. I don't have any entrys for this section but mistakingly checked one of the boxes and it wont let me delete it and move on to the next section.
Hi bowler0208!

We have confirmed this issue and have created a sign-up for this. If you would like to be notified as soon as this issue is resolved, please follow the link below, and then click the "Click Here" link and enter your email address.

www.turbotax.com/support/go/SLN55248

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.
  • TT emailed me and said the problem was fixed. I deleted my return and started over and it still won't let me get past this page. Can I file my return without getting past this page? Please help TT!
  • I'm stuck here too.  I can't get past this portion.
  • Yup. Same problem here. Just keeps looping me back to the question about Qualifying Newer Vehicle (which I own). So I choose Qualifying Newer Vehicle. Then it asks for the vehicle weight (2,395 lb) which I enter, then it loops me back to the question regarding Qualifying Newer Vehicle.
We are working to update our product, and this issue will be resolved in a product update scheduled to release on 1/20/2012

Hope this helps everyone.
  • this issue is not resolved, I clicked continue and it reloads the same screen, I can go back but not forward.