414H...........

My 414H is not included in my wages fro Federal and turbo tax won't accept  this.  How can I get it to accept this?
  • It's a non-taxable retirement contribution, so I need it to factor in. What's up Turbo Tax?
Your 414H is not included in Box 1 of your W-2.  When you do your NY tax return you have to add the 414H to your NY income.
  • regarding the answer to this question, does the additinal income get added into the box 1 amount?
  • Changing numbers on your W-2 is never a good idea.  This was a problem in last year's software and I can't believe that they didn't fix it for this year.  In my opinion thisis purely a software issue, not a tax code one.  TurboTax should change the error checking procedure nad eliminate this situation from generating an error.
  • is this fixed yet? i am in the middle of taxes and getting this error message. help TurboTax!
  • I've been using TurboTax for about 5 years, and it hasn't corrected the 414H issue. This is not a problem for federal taxes, but will not allow you to e-file for NY state. You'll have to print and sent it in by mail. This is due to the federal not taxing you on your retirement, but NY state does. You'll end up paying a penalty later in the year once it is reviewed. I've tried contacting TurboTax to have this corrected, but to no avail. It is also difficult to try to have them repay this fee when the IRS contacts you.

I wish someone from TurboTax can get back to me on this issue. I love their software, but they are incredibly slow on correcting the issue. NY state taxes you on your retirement, so they should incorporate that fact. I don't advise changing Box 1 on your W-2 to reflect this short-sightedness, otherwise it will knock all your federal and other information out of whack!

TurboTax! Can we get this resolved in time for next year???