I currently have health insurance, but am not happy with the new plan that's replacing my current one in 2014. If I wait until after the sign-up deadline, will I then be ineligible for any 2014 subsidies I might otherwise qualify for?
The current open enrollment period ends on March 31, so you could qualify for a Premium Tax Credit then. However the effective coverage date would be as follows:
sign up March 1-15 policy would be effective April 1
sign up March 16-31 policy would be effective May 1.
- An online tax specialist giving you 110% of concise research. Giving you concise highly knowledgeable expertise!
- TURBOTAX works hard for you!!
- They always will
- TAKE TIME to CARE!!!
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.