How am i able to get it? It was sent to a closed account the first time, then turbotax sent my info to the IRS again using the closed account... How am i supposed to get the money? The first time was perfectly fine. Now this time around it has been sent to a closed account 2 times...
If the second Economic Impact Payment was sent to an account that is closed or is no longer active the financial institution must , by law, return the payment to the IRS, they cannot hold and issue the payment to an individual when the account is no longer active. The IRS advises people that if they don’t receive the full Economic Impact Payment they should file their 2020 tax return electronically and claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on their tax return to get their payment and any refund as quickly as possible.
To do this in TurboTax, please follow these steps:
- Enter the information in your return.
- Click Federal Review at the top of your screen.
- On the screen, Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
- You will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you received.
- TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to. This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.
A similar situation happened to me. I purposely filed taxes with TurboTax Feb. 14, to ensure the IRS would have the correct banking information for direct deposit. My stimulus check was still sent to the account I had open when I filed taxes 2019. So now, I don't have my third stimulus check. It was sent to a closed Wells Fargo account. How do I get my check ?
If the bank information is invalid or the account has been closed, Wells Fargo will return the payment to the IRS and the IRS will mail it to you by check at the address they have on file.
To be eligible for the third stimulus, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Families earning less than $150,000 a year and individuals earning less than $75,000 a year should get the full $1,400 per person.
- Families earning up to $160,000 per year and individuals earning up to $80,000 per year will receive prorated amounts.
- One notable difference from the first two stimulus is that you will receive stimulus payments for all your dependents, including adult dependents and college students.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"