turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Debyou

What should I do with my refund?

You have a few debts; if you get a tax refund, it might pay you more to pay down your debts. If you owe less than you get back, pay off your credit card debt and play down your car loan. You will save long term, on the interest rate.  Always look at the interest you’re making on any saving verse what you will pay on interest on your debt.  Your debts charge you more than your savings pay you, always pay your debts before you save. 
I hope this is useful.

Cand567
Returning Member

Charliebrown31488
Returning Member

I've never got a refund till this year and I'm still waiting for it thinking about what I can buy I'm gunna get a truck and take care of my credit I've already been working with Lexington law and I can tell u this they have already got my debt from almost $ 2.600 in medical bills to 800 and too my credit scores way up and it's super affordable for anyone with a job bro. Best phone call I ever made and they got payment plans I only paid like 65 bucks a month for them to fix my credit report and my debit lol hell yeah I'm going to do that and when I lost my job they stayed on my case for like 10 bucks a month but r there worth more than what ur paying for and everytime they fix something on ur debt I got a notification that my credit score went up. In 3 months of **bleep**in with Lexington law my score has gone up 30 or 40 points but they got rid of over almost 2000 dollars in medical bills I don't have money for lol anyone looking to get ur credit and debt in order call Lexington law hopefully I don't get in trouble for putting their name out there like this but if it helps anyone looking for help these r the people who can do it 

Charliebrown31488
Returning Member

I'm ju curious about the acorn app can u elaborate on how it works a little more for me. As in do u lose money if you have the wrong investment or is it all kinda making money on a small scale for a person who wants to start learning how to invest? Just let me know if u can please and thank you. 

Charliebrown31488
Returning Member

How do you have a account and have money grow without putting money into it. I'll be putting money into it but I hope you understand the question what type of account I guess would be a better question but either way I'd like to hear from you please and thank you.

Charliebrown31488
Returning Member

That's great advice thanks but a little faster way to get ur debt and credit in order a little faster and it's honestly cheaper than aggressive saving and u got help to deal with the debt.  

Lexington law I paid like 70 bucks a month for them in 3 months to bring my to bring my credit score up almost 50 points and got rid of almost 2000 dollars in past medical bills I couldn't afford to pay when I was homeless. Look at me now only 800 left in debt and I get notified when my credit score goes up or down but I lost my job but they kept on my case for 10 bucks a month to monitor my credit score case and score I'm about to start paying them as soon as I get my income tax return and let them start working on it again their the best at what they do no lie and I don't like **bleep**in with anyone who gets my money for doing something I can't see but I can tell you now you will have a better score and get to see it and ur debt dissapear within the first month to 2 months no lie they start working the minute u give them a 15 dollar payment I think it was or some **bleep** but I didn't think it was gunna make a difference until I started seeing my credit score going up after the first 40 days I was up like 5 points then 11 points like a few days later no lie they don't play when it comes to getting ur **bleep** in order without u having to do anything but pay them and when u get the notification check out ur debt and credit score and I guarantee you wont be sry u made the call sry thr message is so long but I have to let people know when I hear about how they can get their debts down and credit up well this is the fastest way I know of but u can't b out spending like a **bleep**tard on ur credit cards because someone is going to help dispute ur debt lol b smart about everything u buy if you don't have  the cash for it right now bro you don't need it. My dad always told me that and that's y I don't have credit cards debt just medical bills lol no insurance lmfaoo hard times but I'm living a decent life now I don't want for anything and nor does my daughter but if I see something I want and don't have the money right now for it I'll save and rat hole  my money that's how my dad got everything he has today. A beautiful house badass oldschool cars we built anything he wants he can have cause he did what I'm telling you to do right now. Think about what you want and by next year if u follow this little plan and be a hard working mother**bleep**er u will have anything you want I have seen it and I am doing it now with my life no lie. 

Charliebrown31488
Returning Member

I'm curious to know more about how this works please message me back so I can figure out how to make my money work for me like u do. Please and thank you I look forward to hopefully hearing from you 

Charliebrown31488
Returning Member

Just curious to know how did u get and have a 800+ credit score just wanted to know how I can get there with you please and thank you looking forward to hopefully hearing from you again thanks for the post and advice 

Charliebrown31488
Returning Member

Paying for your car or any auto you have sooner than it can be paid for is always a benefit because they don't make interest on your payments lol and it's looks great on your credit report when your payments are early or paid off sooner than they are supposed to be looks great but the catch 22 about doing that is places like banks who make their money off of your loan payments see that you pay off your loan early or they see that you pay your loan off faster than expected they are not going to be willing to give you the money you want because you're financially responsible about your money and how you spend it anything you put money into you should make sure you can always get your money back for what you got or a little more nothing wrong with making money on a deal being able to pay for what you owe and still have money for whatever you see and might just want its not a problem cause everything you have is paid for and anything you want you can afford cause they don't have a problem giving you the money cause how you pay the loan off that's why it benefits you to pay off anything no matter how much it is a month if you have the extra money spend it on the stuff you're buying not the stuff you think you want lol no lie 

Charliebrown31488
Returning Member

If you first off pay off your debt y save up emergency funds for debt that you just paid off lol r u planning on going back into debt lol no offense just asking.

Why is my **bleep**ing refund so low this year I should have 4000 why in the hell I just got 500 back wtf is this

@Lilcee  wrote:

Why is my **bleep**ing refund so low this year I should have 4000 why in the hell I just got 500 back wtf is this

The federal tax refund and the state tax refund are sent separately.

If you received the federal tax refund then go to this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Why is my refund different than the amount on the tax return I filed?
All or part of your refund may have been used (offset) to pay off past-due federal tax, state income tax, state unemployment compensation debts, child support, spousal support, or other federal nontax debts, such as student loans. To find out if you may have an offset or if you have questions about an offset, contact the agency to which you owe the debt.

We also may have changed your refund amount because we made changes to your tax return. You’ll get a notice explaining the changesWhere’s My Refund? will reflect the reasons for the refund offset when it relates to a change in your tax return.

Tax Topic 203 - Refund Offsets for Unpaid Child Support, Certain Federal and State Debts, and Unempl... has more information about refund offsets.

marlene dixon
Returning Member

Pay off some my bills.

marlene dixon
Returning Member

pay my bills.  think GOD.

LeoL1209

Get rid of that cc debt for sure. You’ll enjoy the breathing room.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies