Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What should I do with my refund?

Before you buy a home, do remember to think like an investor.

Ask yourself are there any problems with the house and the neighborhood that would lose a potential buyer's interest.

Doing so could  possibly save you a lot of headaches and frustration during ownership and  when you try to sell it..

See 30 Questions You MUST  Ask Before buying a Home.

https://thriftdiving.com/30-questions-to-ask-before-buying-a-house/

Good luck,

Marketstar

where is all of my refund?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends. 

The IRS issues a lot of refunds within 21 days, but it could take longer. 

IRS processing time and refund status 

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

Also, be aware, the IRS operations are limited during the Covid-19 pandemic.  Attached is a link with more information as to what departments are available to contact at the moment.

IRS operations

Please see the attached for more specific information as it applies to your particular state. 

How to track my refund 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gF2

I want to save

…..and well you should.

Committing to paying yourself first by saving 10% of your income will get you on the road to financial independence.

Your first priority should be to save 6-12 months of living expenses in a bank or money market fund. to cover a potential job loss or an unexpected large expense such as a car repair.

You will probably earn a higher interest rate in an internet bank fund such as American Express Bank currently yielding 1.5%,

See www.americanexpress.com

Good luck,
Marketstar

CMcrr

Hello,

Just would like to know how to get out of debt. And learn how to save have one credit card and one personal loan and one car loan . And some little medical bill that I will take care this month. Would love to learn how to invest my money or donate to a good cause but don't know would like to be more educated about donations.

Thank you,

Mrs. Morris

To get out of debt, you can focus on one debt at at time, starting with highest rate or starting with smallest balance.  When I was in debt, I didn't want to accept the road out would take over a year.  I wish I could go back and say don't worry about that; just the next year financially is going to be about retiring debt.  

If you can get rid of the car loan, that's good too.  There's no reason to aim to keep some debt.

Don't worry about investing or donating until you're done with the debt.  One thing at a time.  When the debt's gone, you'll have money to invest.  As for donating, I try to donate to people I know.  I asked my kids' teachers if they know anyone struggling to pay for Internet during this corona virus crisis.  It was nice to be able to help.  I could not have helped 20 years ago when I had debt.

It will go faster than you think, not just in terms of perception, but in time.  You'll find new ways to pick up OT, bonuses, things to sell, or whatever over the time when you're paying off the debt.  

Regarding the OP topic, get your HR office to update your W-4 form so they take less out for taxes and so you don't get much refund.  That way you have more money from each paycheck to pay debt or do whatever you want with.

Miajj2020

I want to save money as much I can. 

Okay, whomever this New Varun is, do not listen to them... They know nothing of what they say.

Crush your high-interest Credit Card as soon as your Refund Check arrives.

From this point on, never run-up a Balance on Credit Cards that you cannot pay-off (in-full) monthly.

I am trying to figure out what's going on with my taxes where are my tax return

Where's my 2019 tax return my payment was 3,175

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed my taxes up here on January 29 and I still haven’t got my refund but everybody else that has filed their has gotten it back why am I the only one that hasn’t got their back yet it July after that it’ll be almost time to file again

Did you efile or mail your return? They just started processing mailed returns that have been stacking up..

If you efiled....Was your return Accepted? First double check your efile status here
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

Then only the IRS can tell you. IRS Where's my refund https://www.irs.gov/refunds/
Make sure you are using the refund amount from your actual federal tax return and not the combined amount Turbo Tax showed you at the end. That was for federal and state combined.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

When will you get your refund,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

Robinhood or any other investment portfolio app is better then acorns looked into it and they take way to much everyday from every stock you have foreget that

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies