turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Late Federal Refund

Over 6 weeks since my return was accepted but no refund. IRS website states it is still being processed. Never had an issue in the past and 2019 return has the same components as previous years. Any suggestions how to contact the IRS. Their phones have the message that no warm bodies will answer. Don't know where to write since I efiled.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Late Federal Refund

The IRS is closed & there is no phone service.  With everything going on the IRS is behind on processing e-filed returns.  You will have to keep checking the website Where's My Refund, for information.  The website updates once a day.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Late Federal Refund

The IRS is closed & there is no phone service.  With everything going on the IRS is behind on processing e-filed returns.  You will have to keep checking the website Where's My Refund, for information.  The website updates once a day.

Late Federal Refund

OK. Thanks for taking time to reply. Nice to have my suspicions confirmed. Take care and thank you.

Late Federal Refund

Glad to help!  Take care & be safe!

J Robert

Late Federal Refund

It is now november and still no refund only a cp12 amending my return . do you know what is going on

J Robert

Late Federal Refund

It is now november and no refund  what is going on in the IRS

Late Federal Refund

@J Robert TurboTax does not get any information from the IRS after you file your tax return.   If you received a CP12 letter that means the IRS is changing something on your return.   Only the IRS can tell you what they changed and when (or if) you will receive your refund.   The IRS is severely backlogged, so many processes are taking much much longer than normal.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-cp12-notice

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Late Federal Refund

@J Robert  What did the IRS letter say?  Maybe they adjusted your return and you are not getting a refund now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies