cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

Late Federal Refund

Over 6 weeks since my return was accepted but no refund. IRS website states it is still being processed. Never had an issue in the past and 2019 return has the same components as previous years. Any suggestions how to contact the IRS. Their phones have the message that no warm bodies will answer. Don't know where to write since I efiled.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

Late Federal Refund

The IRS is closed & there is no phone service.  With everything going on the IRS is behind on processing e-filed returns.  You will have to keep checking the website Where's My Refund, for information.  The website updates once a day.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

Late Federal Refund

The IRS is closed & there is no phone service.  With everything going on the IRS is behind on processing e-filed returns.  You will have to keep checking the website Where's My Refund, for information.  The website updates once a day.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1

Late Federal Refund

OK. Thanks for taking time to reply. Nice to have my suspicions confirmed. Take care and thank you.

Highlighted
Level 15

Late Federal Refund

Glad to help!  Take care & be safe!