turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS Stimulus Check Direct Deposit

I chose to have my Turbo Tax fees taken from my return instead of paying upfront. When using this option the return is deposited into a Santa Barbara Bank account first and then transferred to my Turbo Card. Since the IRS has the direct deposit information for Santa Barbara and not my Turbo Card, what will happen when the IRS/Treasury sends my Stimulus Check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

TurboTax Corona Virus Updates or IRS Corona Tax Relief.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TurboTax To Help Millions of Americans Get Their Stimulus Payments with Launch of Free Stimulus Registration Product

Is there any news yet? People are getting funds already on other tax service cards? I just need to know if they are coming on turbo card or not so i can change direct deposit info and not screw anything up?

Screenshot_20200412-131541.png

Screenshot_20200412-131528.png

As long as u didn't get an advance on your tax return and paid no prep fees and didn't deal or go through Santa Barbara group...you will be getting it on your Intuit Turbo Visa debit card. This was told to me by a Turbo rep.

Also I Googled: Turbo Tax complying with IRS about stimulus checks.

So I went to IRS.GOV this morning and guess what now you can track your payment and some how turbo tax card you will not receive your payment i don’t know why I had to put another account and routing number I just did that and now I gotta wait. Not sure how long 

You have to put in a different account and routing number. 

So I didnt get my check yet and I have turbo card. So they r not putting them on the cards??? My friend got his on there. Im just wandering if I should expect a check???

Did they tell you to provide different direct deposit information or did they say it would be a check? I just can’t understand how they put our tax money on the card but not the stimulus. Now I can’t contact a person only automated.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies