turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fayofall9

I stimulus balance on turbo tax card for months unaware

I just now today was notified of having a stimulus payment on my turbo tax debit card. It confused me because this year i signed up for credit karma for my funds to be sent. So when i saw I had a balance I was confused because i assumed the balance was for this year. I stopped using and discarded my turbo tax card after tax season and it was empty. So I had to report it lost and ordered a new one. After investigating transactions I just suddenly realized that $1200 had been sent to the card at the end of last year. WHAT? I received no notification or email or anything whatsoever! And Every month since it was deposited I have been charged fees on the account. I have mixed feelings right now because 1. I am $1100 richer and that's cool and 2. I think its pretty messed up that turbo tax failed to say  anything for 4-5 months and then slid in an email around filing time. but charged me monthly fees on money I didn't know I had.How was I to know that a stimulus was being sent to my account? why wasn't I notified of a $1200 deposit into my account until 4 MONTHS LATER?I have a feeling I am not the only person this has happened to.

Haha. I was freaking out wanting to know why my funds didn't go to credit Karma...turns out it will and I also have a bonus. yay

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies