Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Your money stories
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Hello, I am resident alien in the US and I previously worked abroad and planning to wire transfer my own money +$200k USD from abroad dormant bank account to the US bank account. Would that wire be taxable in the US? Would I need to fill any form to ... read more
agnick ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post yesterday by Vanessa A
@VolvoGirl   So, you never actually solved this.  Got it.
Fred1717 ‎Posted March 9, 2024
I am formulating a complaint to a federal financial regulatory agency and I want to ensure my complaint is very clear, especially in terms of how a credit to an account must be dated, whether legally or in terms of mandated accounting standards (e.g.... read more
Quentin818 ‎Posted June 30, 2023 | Latest post August 26, 2023 by NCperson
Do you give substantial gifts to charities? Are you 72 years old or older? Do you have a Traditional IRA? Do your Itemized Deductions do not exceed the Standard Deduction? If you answered YES to all the questions above you need to investigate Qualifi... read more
cr-stagg ‎Posted February 18, 2022 | Latest post July 19, 2023 by juliaelder232
I'm just sharing my experience in case it might show up and be helpful to someone researching the Billshark service which Mint has partnered with under the lower your Bills section.The general gist of the service made sense, they negotiate a lower ra... read more
kireaji ‎Posted May 19, 2022 | Latest post May 13, 2023 by kireaji
I learned tons from my parents, but almost nothing about money. I ended up getting my handle on my finances through a lot of trial and error (mostly error). I mean I've seen it all: spending more than I make, letting my credit score drop, not contrib... read more
Level 4 _brian ‎Posted February 15, 2019 | Latest post April 25, 2023 by allone
Anyone needing some encouragement? I had a moment this weekend where I realized, I've completely dropped the habit of buying bottled water while running errands. Used to be an expense I didn't even think twice about. Now, I'm super diligent about fil... read more
jlohani ‎Posted February 19, 2019 | Latest post April 25, 2023 by allone
Have you looked back to your younger days and think "Why in the world did I possibly think that is a good idea?" when it comes to your credit card spending? My confession is allowing my fiance to participate in "Credit Card Roulette" on our nights ou... read more
JoyC ‎Posted February 11, 2019 | Latest post February 22, 2023 by xokazchaz
tsssssss
richacker1 ‎Posted January 23, 2023 | Latest post January 30, 2023 by tagteam
In my younger years I liked listening to the radio as I proudly drove around town with my buddies checking out the bikini clad babes on the beach. We’d roll down the windows, crank up the tunes and cruise the dunes. Pumping hard rock through the radi... read more
Level 15 Carl ‎Posted April 25, 2019 | Latest post March 25, 2022 by Martina75
I imagine most people, especially those who have made radical life changes (or any change for that matter) can remember their tipping point. I have one I’d like to share. It happened during a lunch break at work. Myself and a coworker were eating per... read more
Jim_Sestito ‎Posted September 17, 2019 | Latest post February 22, 2020 by Alison
I've got a thread going on how to live frugally on another board here, and I'm getting great tips (thanks Team). Figured I'd start one on, "Okay, I gotta confess to things I've recently bought and immediately regretted." I bought a winter coat recent... read more
JBJ ‎Posted February 12, 2019 | Latest post April 6, 2019 by hansolo
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies