Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Your money stories
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
This is an absolute joke. Was debited this morning for $120 and got excited that my refund was FINALLY coming!! Then I realized that's not how it usually works and it comes straight from the refund itself... Nope it was just TurboTax taking the money... read more
Vlus ‎Posted Friday
I like knowing that I can have a positive impact even when I’m at my worst. Like how TurboTax uses predatory practices to force money from its users in such a shady, impossible to track fashion, shares unnecessary information to increase their $B pro... read more
ThisCompanyLiesToConsumers ‎Posted June 24, 2021 | Latest post a month ago by DoninGA
I imagine most people, especially those who have made radical life changes (or any change for that matter) can remember their tipping point. I have one I’d like to share. It happened during a lunch break at work. Myself and a coworker were eating per... read more
Jim_Sestito ‎Posted September 17, 2019 | Latest post February 22, 2020 by Alison
In my younger years I liked listening to the radio as I proudly drove around town with my buddies checking out the bikini clad babes on the beach. We’d roll down the windows, crank up the tunes and cruise the dunes. Pumping hard rock through the radi... read more
Level 15 Carl ‎Posted April 25, 2019 | Latest post July 4, 2019 by michaelmaloney
I learned tons from my parents, but almost nothing about money. I ended up getting my handle on my finances through a lot of trial and error (mostly error). I mean I've seen it all: spending more than I make, letting my credit score drop, not contrib... read more
Level 4 _brian ‎Posted February 15, 2019 | Latest post April 19, 2019 by marketstar99
I've got a thread going on how to live frugally on another board here, and I'm getting great tips (thanks Team). Figured I'd start one on, "Okay, I gotta confess to things I've recently bought and immediately regretted." I bought a winter coat recent... read more
JBJ ‎Posted February 12, 2019 | Latest post April 6, 2019 by hansolo
Anyone needing some encouragement? I had a moment this weekend where I realized, I've completely dropped the habit of buying bottled water while running errands. Used to be an expense I didn't even think twice about. Now, I'm super diligent about fil... read more
Level 3 jlohani ‎Posted February 19, 2019 | Latest post March 15, 2019 by jlohani
Have you looked back to your younger days and think "Why in the world did I possibly think that is a good idea?" when it comes to your credit card spending? My confession is allowing my fiance to participate in "Credit Card Roulette" on our nights ou... read more
JoyC ‎Posted February 11, 2019
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings