If you're using TurboTax for Mac, you may experience a looping behavior when trying to reinstall your state program.
Who is impacted?
You're impacted if you meet the following criteria:
- Use TurboTax Mac 2016-2018
- Uninstalled and reinstalled TurboTax
- Are trying to reinstall the state program
- The installation is shown as complete, but the state will not start as TurboTax continuously asks to download and install the state
Resolved and additional workaround
We resolved this issue with an update to TurboTax on May 30, 2019.
If you're still experiencing this issue:
- Select the Go menu.
- Choose Go to Folder.
- Enter ~/Library and select Go.
- Navigate to the Application Support folder.
- Open the TurboTax folder.
- Open the forms folder and extract the state zipped folder listed there.
- Once completed, relaunch TurboTax.