There was an issue where New York State tax returns were being rejected for a missing document number (Codes R1118 or R1119). This was due to a missing screen where this information was entered.
This issue was resolved in an update released on February 13, 2018.
Sign back in to your TurboTax account and select Fix It Now to correct and resubmit your New York return.
If Fix This Return doesn't help you or you get stuck in a loop:.
- In the left menu select File.
- On the next screen select Continue.
- On the next screen under Step 3 select Start.
- On the Let’s get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file.
- You'll come up to a screen that asks for the primary filer's ID. Select Continue.
- On the next screen input your ID information including the Document Number. After you're done select Continue.
- The next screen should ask you for the spouse ID. Select Continue.
- On the next screen, input ID information including the Document Number. After you're done select Continue.
- On the next screen read the agreement form. Then select Continue.
- On the Let’s take a look at your returns before you file screen, select Continue.
- On the next screen, It's time to sign and transmit your 2017 return fill out what is needed then select the orange Transmit my returns now button.