Colorado Form 104 submission error amend instructi... - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

EnglishEN

Pick a language

Intuit

Colorado Form 104 submission error amend instructions for TurboTax CD/Download

1. Launch TurboTax and open your 2018 return. Select File and Save As. Add amended 2018 CO return to the file name before you update TurboTax to preserve the original return.
  2. Select Online and Check for Updates. Allow the program to update if any are available.
  3. Select the Federal Taxes tab (Personal tab if you're using Home & Business), and then select Other Tax Situations. Under Other Tax Forms select Start next to Amend a return.
  4. Select Continue and answer:
    • Yes, I’ve already filed my return
    • I was contacted by TurboTax and told I may need to amend for some other reason
  5. Select Continue and answer:
    • I want to amend only my federal or only my state return
    • Amend my Colorado return
  6. Select Continue, and then select Update next to State Return and Continue.
  7. Select Edit next to your Colorado return, and then select Yes, let’s amend and get it done and Continue.
  8. On the next screen, verify Refund Received or Payment Made With Previously Filed Return, and then select Continue.
  9. On the About Your Colorado Amended Return screen, scroll down and under Federal Explanation of Changes enter Filing an amended tax return to report the correct Federal Taxable Income due to an efile transmission error that caused the Federal Taxable Income to be overstated. Then select Continue.
  10. On the Let’s Make Sure You’re Ready to Review screen select Yes, I’ve entered everything and let’s review and Continue.
  11. Continue through the SmartCheck results and select Done With States.
  12. On the Let’s make sure your taxes are correct screen, select Continue. Select Check Entries and Continue.
    • Note: Your return won't eligible for e-filing. You'll have to print and file your amended return.
  13. Select Done. Print and Save the amended return, then select Done and Exit TurboTax.
  14. Sign, date and mail your printed amended Colorado Form 104 according to the TurboTax Amended Return Filing Instructions.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in