Arizona Form 140NR/PY amend instructions for Turbo... - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

Intuit

Arizona Form 140NR/PY amend instructions for TurboTax CD/Download

1. Launch TurboTax 2018, and select and open the 2018 return. Select File and Save As. Add Amended 2018 AZ return to the file name before you update TurboTax to preserve the original return.
  2. Select Online and Check for Updates. Allow TurboTax to update if necessary.
  3. Select the Federal Taxes tab (Personal tab for Home and Business), and then select Other Tax Situations. Scroll down and under Other Tax Forms select Start next to Amend a return.
  4. Select Continue and answer:
    1.  Yes, I’ve already filed my return.
    2.  I was contacted by TurboTax and told I may need to amend for some other reason.
  5. Select Continue and answer:
    1. I want to amend only my federal or only my state return.
    2. Amend my Arizona return.
  6. Select Continue then scroll down and select Update next to State Return, and then Continue.
  7. Select Edit next to the Arizona Nonresident (or Part-Year Resident) return, then select Yes, let’s amend and get it done, then select 2018 and Continue.
  8. On the Corrections Made screen, select Yes.
  9. On the Amended Tax Return screen, scroll to section Part III - Reason for the Change and enter Amending return to correct amount reported as Federal AGI, and then select Continue.
  10. Confirm previous refund or tax paid and select Continue.
  11. On the Finish Amended Return screen, scroll down to Part IV - Name and Address on Original Return and enter same or the address on the original return (if different).
  12. Continue, answering the questions as appropriate.
  13. Continue through the SmartCheck results, and then select Done With States.
  14. Select Check My Info (or Check Entries) and fix any errors.
    • You won't be able to e-file the return. You'll have to print and mail it.  If you receive an error about e-filing, this is correct so select Continue.
  15. Select Done, and then print and save the amended return.
  16. Select Done and Exit TurboTax.
  17. Once you've printed your return, sign, date, and mail the amended return Form 140X with the payment to:

Arizona Department of RevenueP.O. Box 52016Phoenix, AZ 85072-2016

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in